Acute Infection

How to help my mother presenting with loose motion of 11 times a day for 2 months?

Query: My mother is 70 years old. She has been suffering from loose motion since last 2 months. She is going toilet 9 to 11 times in a day. Most of the goes times her stool is watery. From 2 am she starts going toilet 6-7 times till 10 am and then from 2 pm to 6pm she goes 5 times toilet. Quantity of stool...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello Dear she may be suffering from chronic diarrhoea which may be due to 1. Chronic infection ( bacillary or amoebic dysentery) 2. Lactose intolerance. 3. Ulcerative colitis or chrons disease. 4. Gluten sensitivity. 5. Mal obsorption syndromes. 6. Fungal over growth. 7. Leaky gut syndrome etc. So ...  Read Full »

Is sudden episode of diarrhea with blood a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old female in good health. Last night, I had a very sudden violent episode of diarrhea, which had quite a bit of blood in it. I am quite worried about this, whether it could be something serious. I have had no more episodes since last night but have a very gurgly feel.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you take a picture of that? And did you eat something uncertain in the last couple of days, especially pork or beef? And do you have a fever? Does it cause pain while passing stools? And do you have constipation previously? This one episode of diarrhea with bloo...  Read Full »

Why am I having testicular pain after an unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, After having unprotected sex, I have acute testicular pain with pain in the buttocks on the left side. I also have knee pain on the left side with a white rash on the scrotum with genital itchiness. I also have a burning sensation at the end of urination and generalized weakness without ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having testicular pain after unprotected sex indicates an infection and it needs to be investigated. You need to send the investigations done and I will help you treat the condition.   Read Full »

What is the treatment given for the 13-month-old child for diaper rash and pooping in less quantity?

Query: My daughter is 13.5 months old. For last four days she has diaper rashes. This is the first time she is getting rashes. From yesterday I am using Benzalkonium & Zinc skin cream (happynap). Now rashes reduced. Normally my daughter was pooped 2 or 3 times daily. But for These past four days she is...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Please note that it is less likely the child has got loos motions because you gave chicken. Instead the child may be having loose motions because of some infection. Please reduce milk intake during this time to increase recovery rate. Also you can continue giving rice kanji. I would advise to give ...  Read Full »

Can viral infection cause tonsillar swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having off and on ear pressure in my right ear and have some cold symptoms the last 1.5 weeks (chillish), runny nose, body aches, etc. My kids have battled the cold as I have my office. I noticed my right submandinbular lymph node was slightly swollen. I went to my GP and ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have inflamed tonsils. One side does appear to be larger and more red than the other. It does not mean you got tonsil cancer. It is a routine infection that needs strong antibi...  Read Full »

There is a skin tear in frenulum area after circumcision. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a circumcision 18 days back. All my stitches got dissolved and the swelling also is getting reduced each day. But my frenulum looks teared, and a pinkish white layer is formed. Previously, a scab was there and when it fell off, I could see no skin except a tear with a knife around ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your circumcision area looks healthy with no pus discharge (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Follow the following instructions: 1. Maintain hygiene over there. 2. Tablet Advent 625 mg PO BD for five days to avoid infection. 3. Tablet Chymoral Forte on...  Read Full »

My mom has discomfort and tightness in the upper abdomen. Could it be a stomach infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66 year old mother has a discomfort in the upper abdomen since five days. She is experiencing gas trouble and tightness in the upper abdomen. Her stools are a little constipated but, she is passing every day. Now, she has a fever between 99 to 100 degree from five days in the ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Girish C Kamat

Internal Medicine Physician, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The hemogram indicates a rise in the neutrophil count, which is secondary to an acute infection. The urine examination is normal. So, there is no urinary tract infec...  Read Full »

What do elevated kappa light chains and IgM indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old male. My free kappa light chains are elevated, but the ratio came back normal. IgM is also elevated, but IgG and IgA are normal. What does this mean? I do have a history of DVT. I am on blood thinners. I also did angiograms of my lower extremities. Can you help me under...  Read Full »

Dr. Shravana Kumar Chinnikatti

Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Radiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). IgM and kappa can be raised in any acute infection. Mixed infection probably started with viral and superadded bacterial infection. Repeat all blood tests after three months for evaluation. Start on ...  Read Full »