Q. After a brain stroke, my dad's urine output has decreased. Please help.

Dr. Prathap

My 70 years old father had a brain stroke, and he has been operated thrice since then, including VP shunt. He is diabetic, and his condition has not improved yet. He is in the ICU, and his urine output has decreased to 10 ml per hour. They performed dialysis two days back, but there is still no improvement. Please help.

Dr. Prathap

#

• It is an acute renal failure with underlying chronic diabetic kidney disease. It is very common in patients with diabetic kidney disease to go to acute failure. The prognosis is usually bad, and the choice of treatment is dialysis.
  • Consult your treating nephrologist and plan for dialysis. The prognosis is guarded.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Is stroke with bleeding serious or without bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a stroke but I do not know how to explain it. Twice I was bleeding along with the stroke. One type of bleeding was chronic and the other one was acute. I would like to know which type of bleeding is dangerous? And also explain the reason for the same.  Read Full »