Q. After a brain stroke, my dad's urine output has decreased. Please help.

Dr. Prathap

My 70 years old father had a brain stroke, and he has been operated thrice since then, including VP shunt. He is diabetic, and his condition has not improved yet. He is in the ICU, and his urine output has decreased to 10 ml per hour. They performed dialysis two days back, but there is still no improvement. Please help.

#

• It is an acute renal failure with underlying chronic diabetic kidney disease. It is very common in patients with diabetic kidney disease to go to acute failure. The prognosis is usually bad, and the choice of treatment is dialysis.
  • Consult your treating nephrologist and plan for dialysis. The prognosis is guarded.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|