Q. Other than Femilon, what is the treatment for adenomyosis?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

I am a 46 year old female. I am suffering from extreme rage and irritability for the past two years. I am on Femilon for three months for adenomyosis and adenomyoma. I feel desperate. Please suggest some medication for my rage.

#

You can change the medication for adenomyosis. You can opt for Mirena insertion (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device). It is a progesterone intrauterine device.

It is a device that looks like and is inserted like a copper-T. It releases the drug locally into the uterus thus avoiding the side effect of the drug in the brain.

The procedure of insertion is simple and takes about 20 to 30 minutes and once inserted it remain effective for 5 years and after which you do not need medication anyway. You can consult your specialist doctor and discuss the above.

I suggest tablet Alprax 25 mg (Alprazolam) for the time being and do get a consultation with a psychiatrist in person.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|