Q. Please prescribe better medicines than Alprazolam and Sertraline for anxiety and sleep problem.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

My Age is 30 years old and suffering from anxiety and sleep problem with persistent thoughts. I am using Alprazolam 0.5 mg and Sertraline tablets. Please prescribe something better.

#

You are suffering from anxiety and you are taking good medication for it. If you are not improving with 50 mg of Sertraline then you can increase dose of medication. You can take 100 mg of Sertraline. Never take Sertraline on empty stomach otherwise it will cause gastritis. You can try some nonpharmacological management like take daily 7 to 8 hours sleep, do daily exercise for 30 to 45 minutes, do meditation for 15 to 20 minutes, take healthy home cooked foods, avoid junk foods, take cold shower, spend quality time with friends and family, spend time for your hobbies like reading good books, write journal, painting, play outdoor sports, etc. Drink warm milk before sleep. It will help you to induce sleep, live your life not just spend. Be bold and confident.

|