Q. Why am I avoiding every one and feeling alone?

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I used to mingle with people a lot, but since past two years, I am not talking to anyone. I like to be alone. Nowadays, I am always alone, and I have no proper friends too. People think I am immature. The fact is that I do not show the real me. Two years back I had a bad breakup, and since then I have changed a lot being rude and stuff. Sometimes, I hate this life.

#

I understand your issue.

• You are probably going through a phase called as adjustment disorder or dysthymia. You need to try to get out of it actively.
  • Try to engage yourself in things you like. Start a new resolution and work for it. Practice yoga or daily exercises.
  • Life can seem difficult, but if you stay focused, then this phase will pass.
  • Having said that if you suffer from significant anger issues, low mood and loneliness, its advisable to be on a small dose of antidepressants, which would help you significantly.
  • A small dose of Escitalopram (Nexito 10 mg ) will be ideal. Consult with your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • I understand that there is a long way to go. Just stay focused and try to take initiatives, Things will be fine again.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|