Q. I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I am a 14-year-old female. I always have this moment where I am complained and scolded. This always happens with my parents and I always feel bad and it always makes me think "Do they hate me? Am I not good enough for them? Am I a maid for them? " I also always cry alone in my room hoping that they comfort me. But, they do not come. I always feel alone in my house. I feel lost and useless. I am a boarding school student and I always hope my parents to focus on me if I am on a holiday. But, they do not do that. I feel unwanted. Can you help me?

#

• Your parents need family therapy from a psychologist. If you cannot do this then accept it. If you cannot change the situation then change yourself.
  • You can make good friends, develop good hobbies like painting, reading books, learn music and dance, learn new languages
  • You can also do some exercise, swimming, or meditation
  • Do what you like to and do not expect anything from anyone.
  • You were alone when you were born and you will also die alone. So, learn to keep yourself happy
  • You can also write down your thoughts in a diary.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|