Aerobic Exercise

Why do my arms look too masculine for a female?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am facing a problem of masculine looking arms. I am not into any kind of strength training exercises but I do not know why my muscles look very prominent. My protein intake is also once or twice a week. I am not able to wear any sleeveless tops or short ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Our arm has many muscles, the main muscles in our upper arm needs to apparently big so that we can lift things. I think your arms are flabby and not toned. There are a lot of muscle toning arm e...  Read Full »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

I started running but my resting heart rate is going up instead of down. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36, weighing 57 kg and having a resting heart rate of 60 to 65 bpm till last week, but now I am getting resting heart rate as 80 to 85 bpm. From last one week, I have started running every day for about 16 minutes, four minutes each lap (starting with 5 kmph to 8 kmph till 16th m...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think there is anything to worry about. Running for a longer time, say for few months at least, will make the heart stronger and decrease the heart rate, not for a week. There are numerous factors which can affect our heart beat like exercise status, walkin...  Read Full »

Is gym workout good for health and stress?

Query: Hello doctor, Is gym workout good for health and stress? Please suggest me as I want to join the gym.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any kind of workout is good for health and stress. In particular, aerobic exercises like walking, running on a treadmill, Zumba dancing, etc., are good for overall health. It not only helps lose weight but also controls blood pressure, blood sugar, serum triglyceride...  Read Full »

I am taking Amlodipine for BP. Do I need to change the medication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My BP is 180/90. After consulting a physician I am taking tablet Amlong 5 mg one full in the morning and half in the night. Post using this tablet my BP is 120/80 and sometimes shoots up to 140/80. I am on this medication for the past two years. I got a complete routi...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. BP (blood pressure) of 180/90 in spite of using tablet Amlong (Amlodipine) is not acceptable. Presently, there is no need to change the medicine. Just increase the dose of tablet Amlong to 10mg twice a day. Recheck your BP after 2 weeks. Tablet Amlong use...  Read Full »

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full »

Can I reduce my BP with only exercises?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood pressure is high. Can I reduce my blood pressure from 146/95 mmHg to normal, just with regular exercises? I started working out at the gym for an hour, both in the mornings as well as in the evenings, since the last two days. Do I still need to continue my medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I observe that your BMI (body mass index) is 28, which means you comes under BMI category overweight. Reducing your weight as well as getting your BMI to around 20 will directly help reduce your blood pressure. Also, check if you have a snoring problem. You c...  Read Full »

I am losing control of myself. Should I visit ER?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My weight is about 310 to 315 lbs. My height is 5'7". I am in need to know if I am crazy or need to go to the ER. I have for some time now been having these sorts of attacks. I could not breathe, feel extremely hot and break in sweats. My chest is tight. My eyes...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It all seems to be an acute panic attack or acute anxiety attack. You need to distress yourself. Lifestyle modification will suit you better like meditation, yoga, aerobics, zumba, and breathing exercise. Still, if the symptoms are distressing, then I suggest you the fo...  Read Full »