Aerobic Exercise

Please suggest some tips to shed some weight due to insulin intake.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a type 1 diabetic and have been injecting insulin every day for years already. With this current quarantine going on, I gained some weight which made me worry. Although my BMI says that I am on the normal side, it still made me upset because the belly, arms, and legs have gotten b...  Read Full »

Dr. Safina Mithani

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, insulin might result in some weight gain, but if you are keeping a check on your calories and include a good amount of non-starchy food including whole grain, fresh whole fruits, and vegetables will help you to shed some fat. Keep a check on your exercise minutes,...  Read Full »

How is male breast enlargement treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am overweight for my age. I am wondering whether you could help me out. I also feel that I have male breast enlargement. I just wanted to check what I can do further.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For weight loss the most important thing is to determine the calories you are taking in a day. Cut down by 500 calories a day, which may very well be a bottle of soda or a half muffin and bag of chips. This will allow you to lose about 1-1/2 lbs a week. If you add an ...  Read Full »

What is the role of exercise and diet in maintaining fitness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having trouble with my weight recently. I am a female with a height of 5'7" hoping to be 125 lbs. The lowest I have hit was 126.6 lbs, but that was about a month ago. Now, it ranges from 127-128 lbs. I am eating 1800 calories a day on days I do not workout intentionally (t...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about losing weight and you are working hard also for that. Your protocol for doing exercise workout is quite satisfactory but you can add 20 more minutes of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise combined. See weight reduction and gai...  Read Full »

Can GSD result in high creatine kinase isoenzyme?

Query: Hi doctor, I can run slowly and do aerobic exercise for 45 minutes. But, if I try anaerobic workout I get tired very soon and feel very thirsty. I have this problem since four years. I have the ability to fast for three days or drink only water. But, when it comes to anaerobic workout like push-up...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more information to help you better. Can I know your age and sex? Anyone else in your family with such disease? Have you got tests for diabetes, thyroid disorders and anemia done? Revert back with the answers to a diabetologist...  Read Full »

Why do my arms look too masculine for a female?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am facing a problem of masculine looking arms. I am not into any kind of strength training exercises but I do not know why my muscles look very prominent. My protein intake is also once or twice a week. I am not able to wear any sleeveless tops or short ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Our arm has many muscles, the main muscles in our upper arm needs to apparently big so that we can lift things. I think your arms are flabby and not toned. There are a lot of muscle toning arm e...  Read Full »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

I started running but my resting heart rate is going up instead of down. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36, weighing 57 kg and having a resting heart rate of 60 to 65 bpm till last week, but now I am getting resting heart rate as 80 to 85 bpm. From last one week, I have started running every day for about 16 minutes, four minutes each lap (starting with 5 kmph to 8 kmph till 16th m...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think there is anything to worry about. Running for a longer time, say for few months at least, will make the heart stronger and decrease the heart rate, not for a week. There are numerous factors which can affect our heart beat like exercise status, walkin...  Read Full »

Is gym workout good for health and stress?

Query: Hello doctor, Is gym workout good for health and stress? Please suggest me as I want to join the gym.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any kind of workout is good for health and stress. In particular, aerobic exercises like walking, running on a treadmill, Zumba dancing, etc., are good for overall health. It not only helps lose weight but also controls blood pressure, blood sugar, serum triglyceride...  Read Full »