Q. What is the recommended diet post angioplasty?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Published on Jan 28, 2019

My father had an angioplasty before two months. He is fine now. But, he is getting restless in eating by avoiding most of the food. Please instruct me the food items which my father can eat.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Thank you for the query.

Your father can eat all fruits, dry fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products including milk without cream, one whole egg or two egg whites per day, fish, chicken, salad, pulses, lentils, and legumes.

Limit red meat and salt to minimum. Spices can be taken to add flavor to food if low salt diet tastes unpalatable. Avoid processed foods, canned foods, sweets, and soft drinks even if not diabetic.

Eat fish at least twice per week. If he has diabetes, then keep fasting sugar below 130, and random sugar below 200. Avoid sedentary behavior, do regular aerobic exercise, take all medicines, and follow-up your cardiologist regularly to adjust the dosage of drugs.

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Tips to Losing and Maintaining a Healthy Weight

Article Overview: This article talks about foods that can help you lose weight and maintain it and also regarding how you can exercise effectively for weight loss. Read Article

Dr. Isaac Gana
Fitness Expert

What to Eat A simple tip is to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole nuts before every meal. This makes it impossible for us to consume a large meal portion all at once. Fruits or vegetables in the form of salads, aid in digestion and help prevent constipation, thereby preventing bloating. It is most i...  Read Article

Why do medications given after angioplasty make one sick?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient underwent angioplasty two months ago. The medication provided makes the patient unwell and there is a loss of appetite. We need proper medicine advise.  Read Full »