HomeAnswersFamily Physicianpanic attackI am not able to breathe and losing control of myself. Do I need to visit ER?

I am losing control of myself. Should I visit ER?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 12, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 15, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am a 26-year-old female. My weight is about 310 to 315 lbs. My height is 5 feet 7 inches. I need to know if I am crazy or need to go to the ER. I have for some time now been having these sorts of attacks. I could not breathe, feel extremely hot and break in sweats. My chest is tight. My eyes get blurry. I feel like losing control of myself. For some reason, my left arm feels so weird, numb and tingling with lots of pressure.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It all seems to be an acute panic attack or acute anxiety attack. You need to distress yourself. Lifestyle modification will suit you better like meditation, yoga, aerobics, Zumba, and breathing exercise. Still, if the symptoms are distressing, then I suggest you the following. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

  1. Tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg before going to sleep for 15 days.
  2. Tablet Matilda forte once a day after meals for 15 days.
  3. Capsule Uprise D3 (vitamin D3) 60k once a week for four weeks.

If symptoms are increasing and affecting your daily activities, then you need to get investigated and checked by your physician.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Dhamankar Amit Shivraj
Dr. Dhamankar Amit Shivraj

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Family Physician

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy