Q. Is gym workout good for health and stress?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
Published on Apr 12, 2018

Is gym workout good for health and stress? Please suggest me as I want to join the gym.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

#

Any kind of workout is good for health and stress. In particular, aerobic exercises like walking, running on a treadmill, Zumba dancing, etc., are good for overall health. It not only helps lose weight but also controls blood pressure, blood sugar, serum triglycerides, cholesterol levels. Daily 40 minutes aerobic brisk walking is recommended according to latest guidelines.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Why is there a skin discoloration in my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia, a chronic neck disorder for most of my adult life. It is extremely debilitating and treatment resistant. The onset was after car accidents, stress and substance abuse at age from 19 to 21. I am no longer smoke or drink and have stopped before ...  Read Full »

What changes have to be done to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old. She has high BP problem since last six years. She is taking Amlong-A tablet daily from then and everything was fine. For the last two months, she has been diagnosed with high BP three to four times. We went through all blood and urine tests. Once a few pus cell...  Read Full »

How can behavior with dogs be changed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have three kids and three dogs. Our dogs steal shoes from porch and wander outside fence. We all treat it as normal behavior and try to teach them peacefully. But they of course do not listen. And my husband hits them with shoes regularly trying to teach them not to steal shoes. It hap...  Read Full »