Q. Have to interact with people but my fear remains an obstacle. Will you suggest any solution?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on May 23, 2018

I am 30 years old. I do not like being in public. I do not do anything fun. I have a thought that always people in my surroundings are looking at me. So I would rather be at home. I do not like using the phone. I am taking Klonopin 2 mg 3 times a day. But I am not taking it now as I am travelling with my husband state to state for his job.

With regards to anxiety my symptoms are extreme worry, classic panic attacks sometimes 5-6 times a day, feel hard to breath, stomach sick. I do not get motivated to do anything like shower, changing clothes, cleaning house, keep a job. My husband will do most of the shopping including grocery. I forgot any type of social get together with friends and family. I do not even visit my in-laws. 

I feel tiredness in my whole body, a tense feel and headache. When I take Klonopin these symptoms will disappear. I have been on this medication since 13 years.

Can anxiety be the cause for such issues or is it something else? I wish to spend some time outside with my family. Please explain what is wrong with me.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

You are suffering from panic attacks with agoraphobia (fear to go to public place). You are taking Benzodiazepine (Klonopin-Clonazepam) of very high dose. Continue it but should take it occasionally only, as high chance of dependence is there. You should start an antidepressant, which is useful in panic attacks, for maintenance. Take tablet Pari CR (Paroxetine) 12.5 mg for 5 days, then shift on Pari CR 25 m and continue it in the morning.You can take psychotherapy sessions (CBT - Cognitive behavioural therapy) by therapist or psychiatrist.

Thyroid Function Test.

Review after 21 days, to adjust dose of medication.

Revert back after 21 days to a psychiatrist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Can antidepressants cause low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I have no sex drive whatsoever and cannot obtain an orgasm. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with due interest and understand your concerns. Low sex drive is a common symptom of a variety of medical and psychiatric disorders. Before I speculate anything about it I need you to answer a few questions in detail. Mention the duration of the pro...  Read Full

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every coin h...  Read Article