Q. Have to interact with people but my fear remains an obstacle. Will you suggest any solution?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am 30 years old. I do not like being in public. I do not do anything fun. I have a thought that always people in my surroundings are looking at me. So I would rather be at home. I do not like using the phone. I am taking Klonopin 2 mg 3 times a day. But I am not taking it now as I am travelling with my husband state to state for his job.

With regards to anxiety my symptoms are extreme worry, classic panic attacks sometimes 5-6 times a day, feel hard to breath, stomach sick. I do not get motivated to do anything like shower, changing clothes, cleaning house, keep a job. My husband will do most of the shopping including grocery. I forgot any type of social get together with friends and family. I do not even visit my in-laws. 

I feel tiredness in my whole body, a tense feel and headache. When I take Klonopin these symptoms will disappear. I have been on this medication since 13 years.

Can anxiety be the cause for such issues or is it something else? I wish to spend some time outside with my family. Please explain what is wrong with me.

#

You are suffering from panic attacks with agoraphobia (fear to go to public place). You are taking Benzodiazepine (Klonopin-Clonazepam) of very high dose. Continue it but should take it occasionally only, as high chance of dependence is there. You should start an antidepressant, which is useful in panic attacks, for maintenance. Take tablet Pari CR (Paroxetine) 12.5 mg for 5 days, then shift on Pari CR 25 m and continue it in the morning.You can take psychotherapy sessions (CBT - Cognitive behavioural therapy) by therapist or psychiatrist.

Thyroid Function Test.

Review after 21 days, to adjust dose of medication.

Revert back after 21 days to a psychiatrist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|