Q. I have a small pimple like mark near my eye. What is that?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I have a small pimple like mark near one of my eyes. I was wondering about the cause and treatment for it. Please help.

#

• Since how long you have it? Please send an image.

Revert with photo to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I noticed that it has been there for perhaps two weeks. I have attached photos.

#

• Do you mean the red raised spots (attachment removed to protect patient identity)? Can you send a clear image, please?
  • Is it associated with itching or irritation sensation? Have you used any creams for the same?
  • Is it present on both the sides? Did you go for any outdoor activities in recent time?

Revert with the answers to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, the red raised spots. There is no itching or irritation, just a visual annoyance. I have not used any cream on my face and it is only on my right side. No outdoor activities other than the usual commuting to work. I hope this new image provides a better view.

#

• It looks to be contact dermatitis.
  • I suggest application of Flutibact cream (Fluticasone propionate and Mupirocin) at bedtime for five days, a very little quantity. It contains a mild steroid, which will reduce the inflammation. Do not use it more than five to seven days.
  • I also suggest Epitheliale AH cream twice a day. It is a moisturizer. Please avoid touching that part.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|