Q. What can cause sudden tingling and itchy sensation?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Folliculitis or Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here and there on stomach. In addition, I have a bump on each thigh that has recently surfaced, maybe from scratching. I also feel this intense itching on penis that gets inflamed with intercourse. A doctor looked at it and said it was probably an allergic reaction to something new. But, there has been nothing new, not soaps, not detergents and no new clothes.