Q. I am suffering from chronic allergy with frequent cough and cold. Please help.

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

I am suffering from a chronic allergy. I have a frequent cough and cold. I am using Montelukast sodium and Levocetirizine. It prevents the symptoms. But when I stop taking it, the cough gets increased.

#

From your history, it is clear that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. To confirm it, you have to do a spirometry test that is PFT (pulmonary function test). If it is significant, then you must take a regular inhaler treatment. Montelukast and Levocetirizine help to control asthma. But the definitive treatment is inhaler therapy. You can start using Foracort inhaler 400 (Budesonide with Formoterol) two puffs twice daily with Zerostat VT spacer followed by gargling with cold water. Continue using Montelukast and Levocetirizine. Have a regular follow up with your doctor.

|