Q. I am getting cold and sneezes almost every day. How to get rid of this condition?

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Oct 08, 2019

I am facing too much cold (almost every day), whereas during my last four-year stay in the previous place, even for a single day, I never had a cold. All medicine like Avil, Sinarest, Citragin, etc. failed and almost all home remedies also. Please suggest to me which medicine will give me relief from many hundred sneezes, continuous nose leaking, severe eye irritation, headache, and laziness.

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

#

From the symptoms detailed, you have allergic rhinitis. Do you have a history of sinusitis? Sinus tenderness which can be elicited by applying pressure over your head, on cheek bones? Do you have congestion or blocked nose? Well the main cause of allergic rhinitis is the allergen that may be indoor, outdoor, occupational, pets, dust, smoke, incense sticks. Management includes,

1) Environmental control that is to identify and eliminate the allergen. This is the mainstay. Try to identify the trigger, avoid its exposure.

2) Pharmacotherapy, this includes T. Mont- L (Montelukast, Levocetirizine) evening 6:00 pm daily once.

3) Tablet Allegra 60 mg twice daily.

4) Intranasal Otrivin sprays if you have blocked nose only for five days.

Intranasal corticosteroids, Beconase AQ or Flonase (Fluticasone) or Rhinocort, Nasacort (Triamcinolone) two to three times daily.

It may take a few days for the effect to start. Do steam inhalation with few drops of Nosikind plus dropped in the boiled water. As I have already suggested, you need to identify the allergen and get rid of that. Do continue home remedies. Do revert if your symptoms do not come down in three to five days.

I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, suffering from allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C...  Read Full »

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full »