Q. `What should I do for my itching and burning sensation?

Dr. Prathap

I have itching and burning sensation in my upper body, eyes and feet. After taking a hot water bath, my upper chest becomes red and goes away in a minute. But, the burning sensation does not go away even though there are no rashes. I had cold and throat infection a week before. I took Allegra for three days.

Dr. Prathap

#

I want to know something in more detail about your history.

• Do you have any history of recurrent cold attacks? Is there similar itching phenomenon in the past? Are there any family members with a history of allergic phenomenon? Is there any history of allergic rhinitis or allergic dermatitis in the household?
  • It is an allergic phenomenon. This sort of complaint is because of allergy only.
  • It is a type of hypersensitivity phenomenon wherein a normal stimulus is abnormally taken by the body and induces an inflammatory response, which leads to itching, redness and sometimes pain or cold, cough, etc.
  • First, you have to identify the allergic stimulus and avoid it. Then, you have to use the medicines as of needed basis with the consent of your doctor.
  • I suggest tablet Mondeslor (combination of Montelukast and Desloratadine) once a day as of needed. If symptoms are very severe, then I suggest a course of 10 days steroids, tablet Omnacortil (Prednisolone) 40 mg once a day for five days, then 20 mg for three days and 10 mg for three days and stop.
  • Also, I suggest you can use a local moisturizer like Moisturex soft for external application.
  • Your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) showing the eosinophilic count of 342, which is high. It is secondary to allergy only. The prime focus should be determining the allergic stimulus.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

I do not have a history of severe attacks nor my family. I am under a lot of stress since six months. I had gastritis and erosions. After taking tablets, it led to vitamin B12 deficiency. I get bad thoughts about my health and leads to anxiety. I took Anxit tablet for a month. Now I feel I might have HIV or some cancer. I do not know what to do. Please help.

Dr. Prathap

#

• You can go ahead with the tablets suggested by me.
  • Regarding, the anxiety components and all other odd things I advise you to get a psychiatrist consultation and get counseling.
  • It is better to treat at an initial stage than later, so get a counseling taken.

|