Q. Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my friends told me about skin whitening injections. When I searched for it on the internet, it is a treatment of 8 to 10 injections. I do not know whether it has some side effects or not. I can now notice the darker skin tone on my hands and face as compared to my body. Please suggest me some solution for this. Also, I am getting a patchy beard. I used to trim my beard always. But, when I noticed this patch, then I shaved it for the first time. But, it is still the same. I have attached a picture with this message. Please have a look. It can be noticed lightly as I have shaved my beard four days back. Please help me out with my problems.

#

The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside.

Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help, but you need to be regular.

For additional skin whitening, you require skin treatment like skin whitening chemical peels and laser sessions to be honest.

Secondly, the problem of loss of hair in the beard area is a common thing that I see in my practice. This requires a close up examination. In all likelihood it would be alopecia areata.

We need to give serial injections and also apply a tube by the name of Tacroz Forte 0.1% (Tacrolimus) at night and apply sunscreen during the day.

Both the treatments have to be done together for the beard to show the fastest results. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please suggest me the best sunscreen available. Also, which injections I have to take for my patchy beard?

#

I feel Avene emulsion SPF 50 sunscreen to be very good.

A close examination of hair after confirming alopecia areata should support the use of subcutaneous injections of Kenacort (Triamcinolone acetonide) with topical Tacrolimus cream.

Number of sittings has to be decided by the treating doctor, according to your progress.

|