Q. Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
Published on Jul 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my friends told me about skin whitening injections. When I searched for it on the internet, it is a treatment of 8 to 10 injections. I do not know whether it has some side effects or not. I can now notice the darker skin tone on my hands and face as compared to my body. Please suggest me some solution for this. Also, I am getting a patchy beard. I used to trim my beard always. But, when I noticed this patch, then I shaved it for the first time. But, it is still the same. I have attached a picture with this message. Please have a look. It can be noticed lightly as I have shaved my beard four days back. Please help me out with my problems.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside.

Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help, but you need to be regular.

For additional skin whitening, you require skin treatment like skin whitening chemical peels and laser sessions to be honest.

Secondly, the problem of loss of hair in the beard area is a common thing that I see in my practice. This requires a close up examination. In all likelihood it would be alopecia areata.

We need to give serial injections and also apply a tube by the name of Tacroz Forte 0.1% (Tacrolimus) at night and apply sunscreen during the day.

Both the treatments have to be done together for the beard to show the fastest results. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please suggest me the best sunscreen available. Also, which injections I have to take for my patchy beard?

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I feel Avene emulsion SPF 50 sunscreen to be very good.

A close examination of hair after confirming alopecia areata should support the use of subcutaneous injections of Kenacort (Triamcinolone acetonide) with topical Tacrolimus cream.

Number of sittings has to be decided by the treating doctor, according to your progress.

Please suggest products to improve the skin color of a 3 month old.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest a good soap, lotion, or massage oil to improve the color. She is 3 months old. I already tried using pigeon soap, pigeon lotion, tedibar, Cetaphil lotion, olive oil.  Read Full >>

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per evidence-based medicine, there is no such product which can improve color. In fact, it is not advisable to use any product which can or have an effect on skin color. For massage, any oil which suits the baby (coconut oil, olive oil) will do. The baby regains...  Read Full

Can I use Rejuglow Gel for skin whitening. I have very tanned skin. Give me suggestions.

Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old, male. I have a very sensitive skin, even after using sunscreens, it is tanned. Suggest me any skin whitening pills.  Read Full >>

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. As such there are no skin whitening pills. Glutathione pills are marketed as skin whitening pill, but its use is not recommended by doctors. It is essential to know how you use your sunscreen. Sunscreens with SPF 30 are good for regular use. Sunscreen should be a...  Read Full

Role of Glutathione - a Skin Lightening Agent in Dermatology

Article Overview: Glutathione, an antioxidant, is produced by the body and helps reduce the effects of aging, stress, and as a skin lightening agent. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Everyone wants fairer skin complexion, because skin color plays an important role in sociosexual communication. It is a universal desire to retain a flawless fair skin. To attain this, individuals are seeking faster and most effective ways for getting lighter skin tone. There are many products avai...  Read Article