I am a 25-year-old female, 50 to 52 pounds in weight, and 6.4 feet in height. I have been suffering from constipation. I would have pooped for only two days in the past three weeks. Last week my rectum was bleeding as I was trying to push the poop out. It was a bright red color. Whenever I try to poop, it will bleed. I have not pooped for the past five to six days because it hurts to push out. And after that, I have pain in my leg muscles. What to do, doctor?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Well, the bleeding can be explained by hard stools and chronic constipation, which can be due to any one of the three things. Hemorrhoids, anal fissure, or ulceration of the rectum due to force of hard stools and the condition is called Stercoral ulcers.
Since the bleeding is a secondary phenomenon, the aim is to treat underlying constipation. Now in your age, there are common conditions that can cause chronic constipation symptoms, namely pelvic floor dyssynergia, which is an uncoordinated relaxation of the muscles over the bottom, which is supposed to relax when attempting to pass stools, Hirschsprung's disease, and idiopathic constipation.
For now, I suggest you follow the regimen for a week and get back to me to update the symptoms.
1. Take plenty of water, approximately two to three liters a day.
2. Increase fiber intake in vegetables and fruits or take Fibrocol (a natural fiber) two tablespoon full of water.
3. Take tablet Tranexamic acid 500 mg thrice daily for three days till bleeding stops.
4. Polyethylene glycol 17 gm sachet, one sachet twice daily for one week and whenever there is severe constipation.
5. Do pelvic exercise. On the internet, you can see various pelvic exercises that are easy to perform at home.
6. If you feel pain while pooping or burning sensation just after passing stools, then use Xylocaine 2% gel four times daily for a week. Please do sit in bathtub by filling it with semi-warm water for at least five minutes, two to three times daily for a week.
7. You are underweight, which is a concern for me. Let me know do you have episodes of excessive starving or overeating? Or have you had some blood testing (CBC, TSH, T4, tissue transglutaminase antibody, Ig A, and Ig G) done? If yes, upload and, if not, kindly get them done.
Please follow-up after the tests and one week after the use of the medications.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I avoid eating spicy foods ... Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus ... Read fullWhat is the reason for anal bleeding?
She also told me that she did go to a specialist before and the specialist told her that there was a wound, probably due to constipation in the past ... Read fullPlease explain my mother's MRI findings.
Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from acute back pain and leg pain for the past one year ... Revert back with the reports to an ... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now