Acute Leg Pain

Can uncontrolled diabetes mellitus result in leg pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My father's age is 70 years, and he has type II diabetes mellitus for the past 30 years. His present blood sugar level are fasting 143 and PP 221. He is having muscle pain and cramp on his right leg for the last few years. He has pain in the leg for the past 15 years, and he could not...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am here to help you. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. 1. His blood sugar levels are very high, and diabetes is not under control, so first, we need to control it. 2. Muscle pain and cramp on his right leg for the last few years, and ...  Read Full »

Why is there bleeding from the rectum while pooping?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female, 50 to 52 pounds in weight, and 6.4 feet in height. I have been suffering from constipation. I would have pooped for only two days in the past three weeks. Last week my rectum was bleeding as I was trying to push the poop out. It was a bright red color. Whenever...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the bleeding can be explained by hard stools and chronic constipation, which can be due to any one of the three things. Hemorrhoids, anal fissure, or ulceration of the rectum due to force of hard stools and the condition is called Stercoral ulcers. Since the b...  Read Full »

My mother is suffering from acute leg pain. Filaria & femur fracture in right leg. Any suggestions for relief?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 80 years is suffering from acute leg pain. She is a patient of filariasis in right leg and also femur fracture in the same leg. Reports of all recently done tests are normal. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankush Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What the patient needs to do is: Keep the affected leg elevated over two pillows. Take tablet Orthal forte thrice a day for three days. Take tablet Carnitor 500 mg twice a day for three days. Revert back with the x-rays and reports to an orthopaedician a...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in my leg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old female. I underwent radical mastectomy before one and a half years and undergoing regular checkups for every six months. Recently I had pain in the right leg, from the knee to ankle region. I got an entire medical checkup done. They showed high TSH levels and also high...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the reports posted (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Many of the reports posted were normal, so to make it easy for you I will comment on each of abnormal ones and what to be done for them. Urine routine showing 10-15 white blood...  Read Full »

I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle after playing a sport. What do I do?

Query: Hi doctor,I think I have a posterior tibial stress fracture. I am a long-distance runner. I play many sports but after playing frisbee, I have a pain on the inside of my calf muscle. I was advised by friends and family to take rest and do strength training. I did both but, neither worked. This pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, we need to make the right diagnosis. You need to get a digital X-ray of both your legs to confirm the diagnosis of a stress fracture. If it is a stress fracture, then you need to rest your leg in a cast for six weeks. Secondly, you need to test your vitamin D ...  Read Full »