Q. Please suggest medicine for anal fissure.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 26 year old female. I am having anal fissure and some crack in the anus. I am bleeding when I go to the toilet. It is very much painful. Please help me and suggest some medicine for this. Thank you.

#

I suggest you the following medicines for anal fissure. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent:

1) Intra-anal 0.2% Nitroglycerin twice daily for six weeks.

2) Use Ispaghol husk in warm water. Add one tablespoon in 1-1/2 glass of water and drink in the morning. This will allow your stools to be soft. Remember that constipation can make it worse.

3) Take warm water in a small tub or pan and sit in it for 10-15 minutes daily.

4) Take Paracetamol 500 mg two tablets twice daily for two weeks.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can you suggest an alternative for intra-anal Nitroglycerine?

#

Apply Nitrogesic 0.2% or 0.4% application in the anus and surrounding area twice daily for eight weeks. Apply very little and allow time to heal.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|