Q. Can Biotin cure hereditary baldness in 36-year-old male?

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

My 36-year-old husband weighs around 77 kgs and has a height of 5 ' 8 ". He is not under any medications and does not have any other complaints. However, he is suffering from androgenic alopecia and hereditary baldness. He is only on the medication Finasteride. Can Biotin help with hair growth for men with such conditions? What else needs to be taken along with Biotin supplements?

#

I understand your concern.

You are right; Biotin can help in hair growth.

I have the following suggestions for your husband-

1. He must eat a protein-rich natural diet.

2. He can take cap Follihair (Biotin, Iron, l-cysteine, Manganese, Copper, Selenium, L-lysine, Zinc, DL-methionine, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacinamide) once daily at night.

3. He can apply Minoxidil 5 % one mL twice daily on hair roots.

4. He can plan for platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair fall.

|