Q. Is there any medicine to increase the size of my head?

Dr. Swaraj S W

I am an 18 year old girl, and I am 5.7 feet tall. My head circumference is 53 cm and only 6 inches long. As you probably understand from those facts that my head is extremely small. Compared to my body my head looks tiny. It also looks small when compared to other girls who are my age. Though my head is small, I do not have any other health problem. I was wondering, is there anything I can take or any methods I should try to increase my head size? Is there any possible way to get a bigger head? I am not disabled, and I do not have mental or physical problems. Any tips or help that you could give me to help increase my head size would be much appreciated.

Do you have a question on Small Head or Hereditary Diseases?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Swaraj S W

MBBS., MD MEDICINE., FELLOWSHIP IN DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGY., SENIOR RESIDENCY DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGY
Diabetology Endocrinology

• I have few questions for you as follows.
  1. At what age did you start getting your period?
  2. Have you ever had any hormonal evaluation?
  3. Do anyone in your family (mother, sister, or aunts) have a similar problem?

Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Thank you for the reply. My first period was at 14 years. My dad has a slightly smaller head, so it is hereditary. I have never undergone hormone evaluation either. Is there anything at all that can be done? Anything I could take? Any exercises to try?

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology

• Since you do not have any medical history, and you say your dad also has similar features, that makes it hereditary.
  • Unfortunately, we do not have any medicines to increase the size of the head.
  • I would suggest you need to take it in your stride and stop worrying about it.
  • Your overall health is normal, and that is what we all strive for.

For further queries consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Is keratoconus hereditary?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old. I got my eyes checked recently and came to know that I am suffering from keratoconus. Both my eyes are damaged. I got my right eye treated and left yet to be done. I have done research on keratoconus and came to know that the cause of this disorder is unknown, but ...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Keratoconus is a genetic disease, and it depends on both the parents. As you did not show any inheritance, there may be chances that your kids will not show it. Moreover, your husband does not have it, so you are on a safer side. But there is...  Read Full »

Is stammering a genetic problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I am in love with a girl, and we got permission from both the family for our marriage. But, my parents are in some hesitation as my girlfriend's mother is stammering. My parents think that if we both get marriage and our child also could get this stammering problem. I want to know whet...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stammering has got a multiple etiology and pathogenesis. A hereditary component in this has been extensively studied. A recent study was done including 12 children, and 5 generations of the family were investigated. The hereditary component is not the only thing that is i...  Read Full »

Is polydactyly hereditary?
Query: Hello doctor,My 55 years old father has six fingers in the right hand. He has an extra finger near the thumb. My sister and I have five fingers on each hand. What are the chances that my sister's child will have six fingers in a hand? Will they have any other abnormality? Could there be any other po...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Polydactyly (extra finger), is usually autosomal dominant but it could be autosomal recessive in some cases. Normally, half of the progeny from the affected parent has polydactyly. But in your case, since both the son and daughter did not have an ex...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now