Male Pattern Baldness

Can I use Hair4U for hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

I am suffering from thinning of hair and male pattern baldness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from thinning of hair and seeing male pattern baldness which has been passed genetically. It has been quite a few years from where I do not see any growth of hair on the frontal section and crown area of the scalp.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me pictures of your scalp to advice proper treatment.  Read Full »

I am suffering from male pattern hair loss. Can Finasteride help in hair sustenance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from male pattern hair loss for a long time. I had tried saw palmetto for a short duration and got a decent result (as suggested by a trichologist) but did not continue due to lack of information on long term effects. Please suggest if Finasteride can help in hair suste...  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a few pictures if possible to advise the appropriate treatment. Are you married? If yes, did you complete your family?  Read Full »

My hair becomes wet even without applying oil.I also have hair fall.Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. My height is 155 cm and I weigh 63 kg. I am facing hair fall for one year. Now it is even more severe. Till last year, I was having dandruff problem also, but after mundan (hair tonsuring), there is not much dandruff but hair fall has not stopped. Below are th...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have worked through your query and have understood your health issues. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I assure you not to worry. This is the most common disease of men at this age. It is actually the male pattern bald...  Read Full »

What causes hair fall and anxiety at the age of 19?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old male. I have hair fall for the past five years, and I have developed an M-shaped pattern on my frontline. I have anxiety, and my head feels very burdened. Sometimes, I feel dizzy, and sometimes, I have white spots coming from my eyes. I have anxiety even for simple task...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. M-shaped baldness occurs due to hormone dihydrotestosterone which is a metabolite of testosterone. In some people, there is a peripheral conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. It is more common in some persons, and it is usually genetically determined. This ...  Read Full »

Why am I losing more hair in the crown region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old woman. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I am facing severe hairfall problem. I can see the roots coming out with the hair. I am a working professional, had premature graying so I used to apply color to cover gray. Last year I had Adgain capsules and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your question. First thing is, I recommend you to do the following tests: FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) ratio. Serum cortisol levels both AM and PM values. Check for ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) levels in blood. Get the...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

Is hair transplant the only option for baldness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have been suffering from hair fall for the last 5 years. I had consulted a leading trichologist chain for treatment and to some extent it did help in controlling the hair fall. But, I have lost a great amount of hair from the front and back. I want to know, wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, we can divide your problem in two parts. Filling of bald area. How to stop hair fall in existing hair. So, let us first talk about the bald area that you have got in the front and top of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, hair t...  Read Full »

My hair is thinning where I part it. Am I on my way to balding?

Query: Hello doctor, I always part my hair to the right and by the left corner of my forehead where I part it from it seems that in that corner the hair is looking thinner and thinner. The rest of my head there is plenty of thick hair and I am only 20 but I want to know if you think I am on my way to bald...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is grade 1 progressing to grade 2 androgenetic alopecia (AGA)/male pattern hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia is a progressive condition with hormonal and genetic influence. I would like ...  Read Full »

I have receding hairline after using Rogaine. Can I stop using it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old man who has been using Rogaine for a week. Then I have read a lot of terrifying forums about initial shedding etc. I want to stop it immediately, but have my hair become dependent? If I stop now, will my hair regrow that have been lost because of Rogaine?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At what concentration are you using Rogaine (Minoxidil)? Please do send me the good quality photographs of your problem. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »