Q. I am stressed and getting angry on minor issue. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Generally, I feel very stressed and tired. Getting angry on a minor issue and wanted to live alone. Because of this stress and anxiety, I am not getting good results in the exams. Kindly help.

#

You are preparing for a competitive exam for which you have anxiety. If I ask, can you guarantee the results of the exams for which you are preparing? Definitely no. But you can predict the good results, but it is not guaranteed because we expect a lot. Not only you, people around us expect a lot, but this is also the thing which hurts us a lot and put us in a competition that triggers over expectations, uncertainty, apprehension and leads to a variety of psychiatric symptoms and behavioral issues. There are two types of stress,

1) Eustress is a normal stress in which our performance get better because we only do our best and leave the rest. Take good care like sleep, hygiene, social life, a good diet, no expectations, proper diet, and exercise.

2) Distress in which our performance get down due to lack of proper care, lack of good sleep, diet, over-expectation, excessive worry about the result which is not under our control. I think I tried my best to answer if you any other concern you can ask.

|