Q. I am stressed and getting angry on minor issue. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Aneel Kumar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 18, 2019

Generally, I feel very stressed and tired. Getting angry on a minor issue and wanted to live alone. Because of this stress and anxiety, I am not getting good results in the exams. Kindly help.

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Psychiatry
#

You are preparing for a competitive exam for which you have anxiety. If I ask, can you guarantee the results of the exams for which you are preparing? Definitely no. But you can predict the good results, but it is not guaranteed because we expect a lot. Not only you, people around us expect a lot, but this is also the thing which hurts us a lot and put us in a competition that triggers over expectations, uncertainty, apprehension and leads to a variety of psychiatric symptoms and behavioral issues. There are two types of stress,

1) Eustress is a normal stress in which our performance get better because we only do our best and leave the rest. Take good care like sleep, hygiene, social life, a good diet, no expectations, proper diet, and exercise.

2) Distress in which our performance get down due to lack of proper care, lack of good sleep, diet, over-expectation, excessive worry about the result which is not under our control. I think I tried my best to answer if you any other concern you can ask.

How can I control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor, I get angry easily and I become violent. Then I hit my wife due to no fault of hers.  Read Full »

I lose my temper and my anger is getting increased daily. What is the way to control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor,I always try to control my anger since my childhood days, but for three years, I usually lose my temper and day by day, my anger is increasing like anything. I tried all methods to control my anger, but it does not work. Is there any treatment to control anger?  Read Full »

What does the stress echo test taken for chest pain indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few weeks, my mother aged 65 is experiencing chest pain or slight discomfort only when she walked for a while. We consulted the medicine doctor and he recommended the stress echo test which we got done. The test comes out to be positive but not strongly positive. We need ...  Read Full »