Anti-d Injections

Please comment on the effect of anti-D in the body?

Query: Hello doctor, How long the effect of anti-D and abortion last in the body?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The effect of anti D will last forever until there is another exposure in Rh -ve woman of an Rh +ve blood in the form of blood transfusion or Rh +ve pregnancy. Usually, first pregnancy is spared as the Rh +ve cells when entering the maternal blood at the time of fe...  Read Full »

I was not given Rh injection after abortion. Is there any risk in future pregnancies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am Rh negative. I recently had an abortion of six weeks and was not given the Rh injection. Is my health status safe to prevent future complications in pregnancies? This is the third week into the abortion. Can I still go for this injection?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injection anti-D is needed to be taken in case of bleeding within 72 hours of the event. So, it is late already. Most mothers have well-developed immunity against rhesus positive blood group in her second pregnancy if the first child had Rhesus positive blood group. But...  Read Full »

My fiance's blood group and mine are different. Will it create problems to our baby's health?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is AB+, and my fiance's blood group is AB-. Will different blood groups create problems in future, regarding baby's health or other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You and your fiance can marry without any problem. Do not worry regarding that. The only thing that has to be done is checking the baby's blood group. As your blood group is Rh negative, so if the baby's blood group is Rh positive then it might lead to Rh in...  Read Full »

Could my negative blood group cause any pregnancy complication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 3 months pregnant. My blood group is O negative. Will I face any complication during pregnancy due to my negative blood group? I consulted with my doctor, and she told me to take Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week for four weeks. Is it safe? Will it make me get a normal delivery ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When there is a negative blood group, there will be attacking agents for positive blood group in your blood called antibodies. In case your partner is positive, then there are chances of your baby being positive. The first child usually escapes, and in the case o...  Read Full »

I am O+ve and fiance is B-ve. What problems are we going to face?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is O positive. I am going to marry a girl whose blood group is B negative. What type of problems are we going to face? I need your help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With proper precautions, you will not get any problems. Your wife has to receive anti D at the proper time during pregnancy. Otherwise, the baby may have hemolytic disease soon after birth. There will be no other problem. For more information consult an internal med...  Read Full »

I am 34 weeks pregnant. Can I take anti-D injection now?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have not taken the anti-D injection. I am A negative and my husband is O positive. When and how can I take it now?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A mother with blood group negative and father with positive blood group can give a child with positive blood group and immunity develops in the mother's blood that can cause hemolysis in child's blood, in case of fetomaternal hemorrhage. In this scenario normally, anti-...  Read Full »

Is it advisable for B-ve girl to have a baby with O+ve boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My girlfriend is B- group and I am O+ group. Is it advisable for us to get married or give birth?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the blood group is not at all barrier in your marriage. Your wife is Rh negative, so will be given anti-D immunoglobulin injection during pregnancy at 28th and 34th week of gestation to prevent hemolytic disease of the newborn. So do not worry about that. I will...  Read Full »

Can you explain how do I go about taking the abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 weeks pregnant and I need to terminate the pregnancy. I have gone through an ultrasound to confirm that it is an intrauterine pregnancy. I need to know how I can terminate it through abortion pills and what other precautions I need to take. Also, are there any other antibiotics ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take an MTP kit a medical termination of pregnancy which will be sold only at the prescription of a registered medical practitioner and is no longer available as an OTC (over the counter) drug. It contains two medications namely Mifepristone and Misopros...  Read Full »

Is second pregnancy safe in Rh negative mother after anti-D injection?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood group is O +ve and my wife's is O -ve. Our child was born four years back and he is O +ve. After his birth, my wife was given an injection to avoid future complications arising due to opposite blood groups of my wife and son. Two years later, she had an abortion. The pregnanc...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since she has received injection after first delivery, there is nothing to worry about. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get an indirect Coombs test to make sure that there is no risk. The miscarriage could be because of some other cause and ...  Read Full »

Why was anti-D injection given after my second abortion?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I have undergone two medical abortions one at the age of 22 and at 24. I have Rh negative blood group. I was not given an anti-D injection the first time but I was given the second time. The doctor suggested an ICT test and it came positive which means ther...  Read Full »

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rh-negative pregnancy occurs when there is negative blood group in the mother and positive in the unborn child. The attacking agents called antibodies are produced by the mother which crosses the placenta and attacks the child. Usually, the first pregnancy is spared...  Read Full »