Anti-d Injections

My fiance's blood group and mine are different. Will it create problems to our baby's health?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is AB+, and my fiance's blood group is AB-. Will different blood groups create problems in future, regarding baby's health or other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You and your fiance can marry without any problem. Do not worry regarding that. The only thing that has to be done is checking the baby's blood group. As your blood group is Rh negative, so if the baby's blood group is Rh positive then it might lead to Rh in...  Read Full »

Should I take anti-D injection before conceiving for the second time with negative blood group?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I have a kid of 5 years with normal delivery. I and my first child are of the same blood group (B - ve). I had six week abortion in 2018 with pills, due to some miscommunication I missed taking anti-D. Now I am planning for a second baby. Kindly advise in detail s...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need to get an ICT (Indirect Coombs test). Since the previous baby is also negative and the abortion you had was with a pill so most likely the test will be negative but do get it done. You can plan pregnancy, but the most important thing you have to keep in...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take anti-D injection post abortion in Rh-negative woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am O negative and my husband is Rh-positive. I have a baby of 1.6 years old, Rh-positive. Now I am pregnant of six weeks and do not want to continue so I take an abortion kit but after taking all four Misoprostol pills bleeding not started yet and it is almost 24 hours gone. What...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to do one ultrasound scan to confirm the pregnancy. If you had done scan before taking pills then wait for 12 days and if no bleeding then repeat ultrasound scan. And if you did not do ultra scan then get it done. You should bleed. But if not then either you h...  Read Full »

Please comment on the effect of anti-D in the body?

Query: Hello doctor, How long the effect of anti-D and abortion last in the body?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The effect of anti D will last forever until there is another exposure in Rh -ve woman of an Rh +ve blood in the form of blood transfusion or Rh +ve pregnancy. Usually, first pregnancy is spared as the Rh +ve cells when entering the maternal blood at the time of fe...  Read Full »

I was not given Rh injection after abortion. Is there any risk in future pregnancies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am Rh negative. I recently had an abortion of six weeks and was not given the Rh injection. Is my health status safe to prevent future complications in pregnancies? This is the third week into the abortion. Can I still go for this injection?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injection anti-D is needed to be taken in case of bleeding within 72 hours of the event. So, it is late already. Most mothers have well-developed immunity against rhesus positive blood group in her second pregnancy if the first child had Rhesus positive blood group. But...  Read Full »

Could my negative blood group cause any pregnancy complication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 3 months pregnant. My blood group is O negative. Will I face any complication during pregnancy due to my negative blood group? I consulted with my doctor, and she told me to take Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week for four weeks. Is it safe? Will it make me get a normal delivery ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When there is a negative blood group, there will be attacking agents for positive blood group in your blood called antibodies. In case your partner is positive, then there are chances of your baby being positive. The first child usually escapes, and in the case o...  Read Full »

I am O+ve and fiance is B-ve. What problems are we going to face?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is O positive. I am going to marry a girl whose blood group is B negative. What type of problems are we going to face? I need your help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With proper precautions, you will not get any problems. Your wife has to receive anti D at the proper time during pregnancy. Otherwise, the baby may have hemolytic disease soon after birth. There will be no other problem. For more information consult an internal med...  Read Full »

I am 34 weeks pregnant. Can I take anti-D injection now?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have not taken the anti-D injection. I am A negative and my husband is O positive. When and how can I take it now?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A mother with blood group negative and father with positive blood group can give a child with positive blood group and immunity develops in the mother's blood that can cause hemolysis in child's blood, in case of fetomaternal hemorrhage. In this scenario normally, anti-...  Read Full »

Is it advisable for B-ve girl to have a baby with O+ve boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My girlfriend is B- group and I am O+ group. Is it advisable for us to get married or give birth?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the blood group is not at all barrier in your marriage. Your wife is Rh negative, so will be given anti-D immunoglobulin injection during pregnancy at 28th and 34th week of gestation to prevent hemolytic disease of the newborn. So do not worry about that. I will...  Read Full »

Can you explain how do I go about taking the abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 weeks pregnant and I need to terminate the pregnancy. I have gone through an ultrasound to confirm that it is an intrauterine pregnancy. I need to know how I can terminate it through abortion pills and what other precautions I need to take. Also, are there any other antibiotics ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take an MTP kit a medical termination of pregnancy which will be sold only at the prescription of a registered medical practitioner and is no longer available as an OTC (over the counter) drug. It contains two medications namely Mifepristone and Misopros...  Read Full »