Q. Could my negative blood group cause any pregnancy complication?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy
Published on Mar 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 3 months pregnant. My blood group is O negative. Will I face any complication during pregnancy due to my negative blood group? I consulted with my doctor, and she told me to take Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week for four weeks. Is it safe? Will it make me get a normal delivery or C-section?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• In case your partner is positive, then there are chances of your baby being positive. The first child usually escapes, and in the case of the second child, if positive, the blood might be attacked by the antibodies, and it might cause anemia in the baby.
  • To prevent that there are anti-D injections given during first pregnancy itself. Kindly discuss with your obstetrician about anti-D injections.
  • Injection Fertigyn (human chorionic gonadotropin hCG injection) does not prevent that attack. It is simply to hold your baby inside the uterus. Your obstetrician might have prescribed it for some other reason.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What can be the reason for IUFD?

Query: Hi doctor, This is about my wife, who had unfortunate IUFD, cardiomyopathy and DIC. She had an absolute normal pregnancy till 9th month. She had no BP, diabetes or other issues throughout and even today. Only issue, she has is migraine and for which she takes Diclogesic. So, it happened on a day of...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »