Asthalin

Should I go back to the doctor for my cough and wheezing?

Query: Hi doctor, I was coughing up dark yellow mucus with blood streaks. So, I went to my doctor and she prescribed Keflex. After about two days, I broke out a rash from head to toe. So, I went back and she put me on Roxithromycin and three days of Prednisolone. I am on my second day of new antibiotics an...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The asthmatic attack might be due to the drug allergy, which you might have had. I suggest you to get a sputum culture to identify which antibiotic suits. Also, I suggest you to take nebulization with Asthalin which will ease the breathing. My suggestion for you to be und...  Read Full »

I have breathing difficulties for the past 3 days which used to be seasonal before. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. My weight is 67 kg, and my height is 5.4 inches. I have difficulty in breathing occasionally in a day. Already I have this problem and the doctor gave me Asthalin and I am using it. It will be seasonal and now for the past two days, I am having this. I am using the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from shortness of breath for the last three days. You have allergic rhinitis too. According to your description, you are a patient of pre-asthma or asthma with allergic rhinitis. You...  Read Full »

Can any medicine cure asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 3.8 years old, has been suffering from asthma since one year. She suffers weekly once or fortnightly. As per doctor prescription, I am giving her Asthalin (four times a day), Budecort (twice a day) and Montair LC Kid one tablet per day for the last three months. We had...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation and agony, but just be patient. Your child will overcome this as she grows old. I hope there is a family history of asthma in either father or mother's family, as this is a somewhat hereditary. There is no complete cure for asthma, but we ...  Read Full »

Are drug induced sexual side effects reversible?

Query: Hello doctor, The medicines used are Formoflo inhaler, Asthalin tablet, and Lukast tablet. Will these lead to sexual problems as side effects? Is it reversible?  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given very little information regarding your query. Actually the side effects of every drug depend on age, sex, duration of use, and doses of that drug. However, as all inhalant acts locally it cause very rare or nil affects to the systems. They are usually ...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of allergy due to cold and dependance on Asthalin spray?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from allergy due to cold, strong odor and old dust for the last about 35 years, dependant to Asthalin spray. How to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. It is nice to hear that you want to get rid of the Asthalin spray and surely we can give a try. You have been using the spray for quite a long time and your body is used to it. So, I will strongly suggest you not to discontinue it suddenly. I advice you the fol...  Read Full »

Does air purifiers or room heater help in case of asthma and dust allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dust allergy. Recently I a had wheezing problem for few days that even Asthalin could not help which I used mildly a few times in a year. After a few days of Doxolin and other tabs, I got relieved. My city AQI is around 80 to 100 in a week, I traveled to two cities where AQI ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachments you have provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of asthma and allergic rhinitis is more likely. So it is better to consult pulmonologist in person and get done t...  Read Full »

Does Montek LC treat a dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 3 years old. She is having a dry cough since four days. My doctor prescribed Asthalin and Levolin along with Montek LC. Will these help in settling the cough?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I suggest: It Seems your doctor is treating her for an allergic lower respiratory tract infection. He is right. It should help in settling the cough. Take extra precaution for dust and stressors. If she does not respond within two days then she will need to be...  Read Full »

What is the permanent cure for allergic cough and vomit?

Query: Hello doctor, My son, aged 15 years, is suffering from allergy since his childhood. He will have cough and vomiting whenever it is attacked, mostly in the winter. We use Asthalin, Sereflo, and sometimes with nebulization, he will be fine for some days. Please advise a permanent cure for his prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the medication you have detailed, he is being treated for asthma. Any positive family history? Does he have chest tightness or shortness of breath or wheezing during the episode? Any seasonal variation or exacerbation in winters? Asthma is due to hyper airwa...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »