Asthalin

Does air purifiers or room heater help in case of asthma and dust allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dust allergy. Recently I a had wheezing problem for few days that even Asthalin could not help which I used mildly a few times in a year. After a few days of Doxolin and other tabs, I got relieved. My city AQI is around 80 to 100 in a week, I traveled to two cities where AQI ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachments you have provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of asthma and allergic rhinitis is more likely. So it is better to consult pulmonologist in person and get done t...  Read Full »

Does Montek LC treat a dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 3 years old. She is having a dry cough since four days. My doctor prescribed Asthalin and Levolin along with Montek LC. Will these help in settling the cough?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I suggest: It Seems your doctor is treating her for an allergic lower respiratory tract infection. He is right. It should help in settling the cough. Take extra precaution for dust and stressors. If she does not respond within two days then she will need to be...  Read Full »

What is the permanent cure for allergic cough and vomit?

Query: Hello doctor, My son, aged 15 years, is suffering from allergy since his childhood. He will have cough and vomiting whenever it is attacked, mostly in the winter. We use Asthalin, Sereflo, and sometimes with nebulization, he will be fine for some days. Please advise a permanent cure for his prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the medication you have detailed, he is being treated for asthma. Any positive family history? Does he have chest tightness or shortness of breath or wheezing during the episode? Any seasonal variation or exacerbation in winters? Asthma is due to hyper airwa...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

When compared to night shift, how is working in daytime better?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I am overweight. For past 10 days, I feel tiresome. I am taking tablet Nurokind-LC 1-0-0 and capsule Adliv Forte 1-0-1 for the past four days. Now, I am feeling better but not 100%. I suspect UTI, but not tested yet. I have asthma from childhood. Initially, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. God created us in manner that we should work for 8 hours, rest for 8 hours and sleep for 8 hours. When we change this pattern it may lead to many diseases like migraine, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc. Why you are not getting sleep on time? Are you doing night duti...  Read Full »

Why does my kid get frequent colds?

Query: Hi doctor,My 4 year old daughter is frequently suffering from cold. In turn, she develops a bacterial infection. In the last three months, she has six bacterial infections. Her doctor gives her antibiotic medicines. She has chronic cough now and Budecort was suggested for three months Asthalin if co...  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through in detail regarding your daughter's problem. According to me, the reason for her frequent chest congestion and repeated cough is not her bacterial infection. It is because her allergy level is high. Although you do not have any asthmatic in the family...  Read Full »

Despite taking medicine, I have cough and wheezing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I was coughing up dark yellow mucus with blood streaks. So, I went to my doctor and she prescribed Keflex. After about two days, I broke out a rash from head to toe. So, I went back and she put me on Roxithromycin and three days of Prednisolone. I am on my second day of new antibiotics an...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The asthmatic attack might be due to the drug allergy, which you might have had. I suggest you to get a sputum culture to identify which antibiotic suits. Also, I suggest you to take nebulization with Asthalin which will ease the breathing. My suggestion for you to be und...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine available to cure asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 3.8 years old, has been suffering from asthma since one year. She suffers weekly once or fortnightly. As per doctor prescription, I am giving her Asthalin (four times a day), Budecort (twice a day) and Montair LC Kid one tablet per day for the last three months. We had...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation and agony, but just be patient. Your child will overcome this as she grows old. I hope there is a family history of asthma in either father or mother's family, as this is a somewhat hereditary. There is no complete cure for asthma, but we ...  Read Full »