Asthalin

Are drug induced sexual side effects reversible?

Query: Hello doctor, The medicines used are Formoflo inhaler, Asthalin tablet, and Lukast tablet. Will these lead to sexual problems as side effects? Is it reversible?  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given very little information regarding your query. Actually the side effects of every drug depend on age, sex, duration of use, and doses of that drug. However, as all inhalant acts locally it cause very rare or nil affects to the systems. They are usually ...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of allergy due to cold and dependance on Asthalin spray?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from allergy due to cold, strong odor and old dust for the last about 35 years, dependant to Asthalin spray. How to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. It is nice to hear that you want to get rid of the Asthalin spray and surely we can give a try. You have been using the spray for quite a long time and your body is used to it. So, I will strongly suggest you not to discontinue it suddenly. I advice you the fol...  Read Full »

Does air purifiers or room heater help in case of asthma and dust allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dust allergy. Recently I a had wheezing problem for few days that even Asthalin could not help which I used mildly a few times in a year. After a few days of Doxolin and other tabs, I got relieved. My city AQI is around 80 to 100 in a week, I traveled to two cities where AQI ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachments you have provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of asthma and allergic rhinitis is more likely. So it is better to consult pulmonologist in person and get done t...  Read Full »

Does Montek LC treat a dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 3 years old. She is having a dry cough since four days. My doctor prescribed Asthalin and Levolin along with Montek LC. Will these help in settling the cough?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I suggest: It Seems your doctor is treating her for an allergic lower respiratory tract infection. He is right. It should help in settling the cough. Take extra precaution for dust and stressors. If she does not respond within two days then she will need to be...  Read Full »

What is the permanent cure for allergic cough and vomit?

Query: Hello doctor, My son, aged 15 years, is suffering from allergy since his childhood. He will have cough and vomiting whenever it is attacked, mostly in the winter. We use Asthalin, Sereflo, and sometimes with nebulization, he will be fine for some days. Please advise a permanent cure for his prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the medication you have detailed, he is being treated for asthma. Any positive family history? Does he have chest tightness or shortness of breath or wheezing during the episode? Any seasonal variation or exacerbation in winters? Asthma is due to hyper airwa...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

When compared to night shift, how is working in daytime better?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I am overweight. For past 10 days, I feel tiresome. I am taking tablet Nurokind-LC 1-0-0 and capsule Adliv Forte 1-0-1 for the past four days. Now, I am feeling better but not 100%. I suspect UTI, but not tested yet. I have asthma from childhood. Initially, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. God created us in manner that we should work for 8 hours, rest for 8 hours and sleep for 8 hours. When we change this pattern it may lead to many diseases like migraine, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc. Why you are not getting sleep on time? Are you doing night duti...  Read Full »

Why does my kid get frequent colds?

Query: Hi doctor,My 4 year old daughter is frequently suffering from cold. In turn, she develops a bacterial infection. In the last three months, she has six bacterial infections. Her doctor gives her antibiotic medicines. She has chronic cough now and Budecort was suggested for three months Asthalin if co...  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through in detail regarding your daughter's problem. According to me, the reason for her frequent chest congestion and repeated cough is not her bacterial infection. It is because her allergy level is high. Although you do not have any asthmatic in the family...  Read Full »