Q. What happens to a person taking ATT medicines when not having tuberculosis?

Dr. Vinod Kumar Atreya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

What happens to a person taking ATT medicines, when not having tuberculosis?

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com

• The ATT medicines are multiple drugs given in combination to treat tuberculosis. Some drugs are bacteriostatic and some are bactericidal to the causative organism of tuberculosis i.e,Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
  • The person on ATT and not having tuberculosis may or may not manifest the side effects or toxicity of anti tubercular drugs depending on the status of patient, the status of various organ- systems and the duration of drug treatment.
  • Medicines should be stopped in such patients.

Consult a pulmonologist online for further queries regarding ATT medicines --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|