Q. I have testicle infection. Will it get spread to my partner if I do sex without a condom?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

My left testicle is swollen, and it pains sometimes. Doctors say that there is some infection. I was prescribed with AKT-4. Three months back, my semen analysis report showed pus cells 2-4 hpf and RBC 2-4 hpf. My present report showed pus cells nil and RBC nil. Semen culture report showed no significant growth. Now, I have been prescribed with AKT-3. Still, I do have swelling and pain in the testicle. Are there any chances of spreading the infection to my partner if I do sex without a condom?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• From the available description, it appears that you suffered from epididymo-orchitis due to tubercular infection.
  • Although the urine culture and microscopy report showed all normal, it is advisable to use protection while intimating with your partner. This is because the presence of infection makes you vulnerable to other infections, which can be transmitted to your partner.
  • I must acknowledge that the chance of spreading tuberculosis infection through the sexual contact is extremely rare if any. In other words, there is no evidence that tuberculosis can spread through sexual intercourse even if there is no use of a condom.

For further information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|