Audiogram

Is hearing air needed for unilateral moderate high-frequency hearing loss?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 years old female who is 170.18 centimeters and 113 kilograms. I participated in an auditory processing research study virtually, and I got my hearing tested and showed some high-frequency hearing loss. It showed my right ear was normal, but my left ear showed moderate high-frequenc...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your audiogram. So as you can see, the hearing has been marked over various loud levels. Your threshold till 4 k are well in the normal range. A lot of people do get a dip at high-frequency areas of 6 k and 8 k, but the main area responsible for hearing and und...  Read Full »

Are Bioflavonoids effective in treating ringing sounds in the ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing plugged ears or stuffed ears for the past few weeks. Last week, I got a hit on my head and I took Advil. When I slept, I began to hear a ringing sound in my right ear. I went to the doctor and he checked my ears. He told me that my eardrums are fine but I think I can ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound in the ear lasting for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, then it is not significant. Usually, it hears more in a quiet environment and it is more noticeable when you fall asleep. Crowded and noisy places serve as...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a good quality hearing aid and medication for severe hearing loss.

Query: Sir, the patient is my father of age 88 years old. His height is 5.2m and weight around 62 kg. He is having hearing problem quite severely. He was using hearing aid machines but none of them have been working satisfactorily and gets damaged frequently. Require your help for a good quality hearing ai...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, The pure tone audiogram uploaded by you shows clearly that he has nerve related deafness in both ears and it is indeed due to his age. You seem to have taken a poor quality hearing. Please go for a better quality hearing aid. It will be costlier. Go for a bilateral hearing aid rather than f...  Read Full »

Why am I hearing metallic scratching sound for the past one month?

Query: Hello doctor, I am continuously hearing a metallic scratching sound for the past one month. Best described as like the sound of cricket insects as heard in the dead of night. I am taking medication, namely, Syndopa plus, Rasalect, Pramipex ER3, Rozucor, and Amantrel for Parkinson for last seven yea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have tinnitus. Has it been there only for a month? Is it associated with any decreased hearing? Is it there in both ears? Is the tinnitus accompanied by vertigo or vomiting sensation or fullness in ears? Have you done any testing for the same? ...  Read Full »

Why do I have tinnitus and how can this be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 and suffering from tinnitus from last four months. The sound in the ears is not constant. It is changing. Sometimes, it is loud enough that I can hear it even in a crowded place and sometimes so low I cannot detect in a normal environment and the most important of all with a loud...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from fluctuating tinnitus for four months as you have said. Tinnitus (ringing sensation in the ear) may be due to problems of the ear or problems not related to the ear. Ear problems causing tinnitus are generally associated with hearing loss. But...  Read Full »

Am I losing hearing based on MRI and tympanogram test results?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a normal MRI and a normal tympanogram. Am I losing hearing based on both the test results?   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you are not (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But I would like to see the graph of pure tone audiogram to pick out if there is any early hearing loss. Kindly upload the graph of your hearing test.  Read Full »

Is it possible for mild hearing loss to reverse by itself?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a hearing test which indicated mild hearing loss at the 4k Hz level. The audiologist said not to worry about it at all, protect my ears and it will very unlikely worsen. He even mentioned that it may reverse itself. I am only 32 years old, so I understand any recording abo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the reports indicated (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is a dip at 4k which indicated a noise-induced hearing loss. Many people suggest that it is not a thing to be worried about, however, we cannot neglect it completely. There are...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need a proper evaluation with audiogram and impedance to prevent recurrence. I suggest you tablet Allercet L (Levocetirizine) one at night with Nasivion nasal drops two drops twice daily for five days. Please review with reports. Revert with reports to an ENT otolary...  Read Full »

My hearing is muffled after a noise-induced hearing loss incident. Will it ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I experienced a noise-induced hearing loss incident three days ago by firing a couple of shots from a rifle without using ear plugs. I went to see a doctor. He confirmed that my eardrums were not ruptured and prescribed 20 mg of Prednisone. As of now, my hearing is still muffled, loud...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We must continue the course of steroids (Prednisone). With time, we do hope that the hearing returns. It is hard to predict how much of an improvement you will have. It depends on the intensity of the sound that you exposed your ears to while firing. Since the duration...  Read Full »

Does bleeding from ear due to q-tip mean damage to eardrum or bony canal membrane?

Query: Hello doctor, When cleaning out my ear, I forced the q-tip too deep and blood came out. There was no stream of blood, but after mostly lying on my side while sleeping, I found very small dots on my pillow (I would say the size of the tip of a pencil). There is little to no hearing loss after a full...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjeev Davey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please see an ENT specialist as early as possible to get your eardrum checked.  Read Full »