Q. My father is having severe hearing loss. Please suggest a good quality hearing aid and medication.

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Sir, the patient is my father of age 88 years old. His height is 5.2m and weight around 62 kg. He is having hearing problem quite severely. He was using hearing aid machines but none of them have been working satisfactorily and gets damaged frequently. Require your help for a good quality hearing aid machine alongwith medication if any. Audiogram test was done and the reports attached.

#

Hello, The pure tone audiogram uploaded by you shows clearly that he has nerve related deafness in both ears and it is indeed due to his age. You seem to have taken a poor quality hearing. Please go for a better quality hearing aid. It will be costlier. Go for a bilateral hearing aid rather than for a single ear. You need to get a fresh audiogram. I can furnish the details of a good centre if you like. Additionally, you need to follow up with the audiologist every 3-4 months for tuning of the hearing aid. Hearing needs to be tuned repeatedly as per the changes in your father's ears. Otherwise he will not find it useful. Your father will find hearing aids of better quality much better to tolerate as they have better features.

Sir please furnish me the details of a good centre. The nearest big town for him will be Siliguri, West Bengal. If it can be done online then kindly suggest. Also kindly suggest me a good quality hearing aid.
Thanks and Regards
# There is nothing like a good quality hearing aid. Don't go for a cheap one, spend about 35-40 thousands for each ear. You need an aid for both the ears. I have heard good reviews about desun and Medica north bengal hospitals. Check the ENT departments in these hospitals.

|