Q. Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?

Dr. Kumar M
Published on Feb 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine right now. Can you suggest me any medication?

Dr. Kumar M

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• You need a proper evaluation with audiogram and impedance to prevent recurrence.
  • I suggest you tablet Allercet L (Levocetirizine) one at night with Nasivion nasal drops two drops twice daily for five days. Please review with reports.

Revert with reports to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

I received your feedback. Thank you so much. Can you please explain me about the test you suggested? So that I can get some idea and can go ahead for the tests.

Dr. Kumar M

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Those tests are for hearing and middle ear assessment. You can contact hearing assessment center nearby your place and get it done.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

Is there a remedy to ease tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ear tinnitus effect. There is continuous multifrequency sound persisting on which sometimes one particular frequency tone becomes significant for few seconds. Doctor told there is no cure and I have to live with it. Is there any remedy to ease it? I heard something like acoustic ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tinnitus is bothersome and unfortunately sometime it is difficult to treat. Have you had hearing testing and any sensorineural hearing loss? Also is this tinnitus only heard by you or physician also able to hear it? Reason being if it is objective tinnitus lis...  Read Full

How long should I continue Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to suggest that you are suffering from allergy. Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) is given for the same purpose. It is true that the medicine should be taken for a few months regularly. It has minimal side effects, like dryness of mouth, ...  Read Full

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have rhinitis as per history. I suggest you taking Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days which is decongestant. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. If fever is also there, then take Paracetamol 500 mg SOS. You can take steam inhalation of warm wa...  Read Full