Q. Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?

Dr. Kumar M
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine right now. Can you suggest me any medication?

Dr. Kumar M

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• You need a proper evaluation with audiogram and impedance to prevent recurrence.
  • I suggest you tablet Allercet L (Levocetirizine) one at night with Nasivion nasal drops two drops twice daily for five days. Please review with reports.

Revert with reports to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

| 

I received your feedback. Thank you so much. Can you please explain me about the test you suggested? So that I can get some idea and can go ahead for the tests.

Dr. Kumar M

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Those tests are for hearing and middle ear assessment. You can contact hearing assessment center nearby your place and get it done.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

| 

Is there a remedy to ease tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ear tinnitus effect. There is continuous multifrequency sound persisting on which sometimes one particular frequency tone becomes significant for few seconds. Doctor told there is no cure and I have to live with it. Is there any remedy to ease it? I heard something like acoustic ...  Read Full »

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »