Welcome to icliniq.com.
These kind of problems are very common due to our dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. Sometimes it is due to deficiency of enzymes also, this is uncommon and the main factor is lifestyle.
The syndrome of bloating and constipation is known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This is a very common problem and involves around 10-30%of population. Stressful lifestyle also causes such problem. You already have one stress due to chronic illness.
The management is very simple, it includes avoidance of fatty and spicy meal with plenty of water, regular exercise and alleviation of tension.
Treatment of constipation is the key to get rid of these problems. Most of the time it improves after adequate management of constipation. We need to take high fiber diet along with fiber supplement and some laxatives may be needed for short term.
The Probable causes:
Dietary habits, lack of water intake, excess intake of stored food and fast food and stressful lifestyle.Investigations to be done:
It is a clinical diagnosis, investigations are not required.Treatment plan:
1. Take high fibre diet.
2. Take plenty of water, a minimum of 4-5 litres per day.
3. Avoid fatty and spicy meal, stored food and fast food.
4. Do regular physical exercise.
5. Take tablet Lansoprazole 40 mg two times a day half an hour before food intake.
6. Avoid charcoal, it may cause constipation.
7. Take methyl cellulose 3 spoon two times in a day.
8. Brush your teeth and then have half a litre of water, before going for defecation.