Q. Is it possible to cure a zero sperm count?

Hello doctor,

I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 28 years old. I have been suffering from azoospermia and have been in touch with different doctors for the last eight to 10 months. I have done many tests and everyone is ending up with a suggestion of testicular biopsy. My wife is not in favor of this and both of us would like to go for other tests before going for a biopsy. I am attaching all the reports. Can you please let me know whether there is any hope of the sperm coming back?  Please suggest. I had four cycles of chemotherapy six years back and now I am completely cured.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and reviewed the attached reports of USG and semen analysis (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• As there is azoospermia, I cannot comment on your chances, unless there is a possibility of sperm retrieval from the testis. This is possible only when we know if the testis produces sperms.
  • I understand that there is a lot of effort but, I do not think there is any serious harm with testicular biopsy when done by an expert.
  • In my opinion, a testicular biopsy is just an intermediate step in knowing whether a possibility of fathering a child exists.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Thanks again.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|