Q. Is there any established time interval and quantity to feed infants?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Nov 03, 2018

I have twin nephews who are 45 days old. I feed them with NAN of 90 ml for every two hours. Is there any established time interval and quantity to feed infants? Please suggest.

#

Baby's are fed on demand, and it is not given with a fixed time interval. Usually, it takes two to three hours to have gastric emptying in babies. When the baby is fed before two hours, it results in overfeeding. As babies are on formula feed, they may take time to get digested. Do not delay the feed for more than three hours. You can increase the feed after third or fourth feed. It depends on the ability of the baby to digest. Demand feed is safe if babies are in full-term weight.

My 1.2 year old son has difficulty in passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1.2 years old. We have recently moved to a new city, and ever since, he is not comfortable passing stool. His stools are hard and cause him pain. Apart from climate change, the water here is very hard. He takes baby food and homemade food, which we also consume. His height, w...  Read Full »

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »

How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?

Query: Hi doctor, How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?  Read Full »