Q. My baby suffers from cough the whole night. Should I give Levolin syrup?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

It is better not to give it. It contains only Levosalbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator which is useful in bronchial asthma or bronchitis, etc. There is no mucolytic or antihistamine in it. It also causes palpitations and tremors.

I suggest using Flucold syrup. It contains Paracetamol, Phenylephrine, Chlorpheniramine, and Sodium citrate. It acts as a decongestant and antihistamine. Depending upon the weight of your baby, you can use the above syrup. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start giving the medicines with their consent.

Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|