Q. What can be given for cough in a 2-year-old baby?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My son is 2 years 10 months old. He has a viral infection. He did not have a cough initially, only fever, so the doctor advised Sinarest plus or Meftal P if fever persists. He recovered in one day but the next day again he started coughing and had the fever. I am giving him Meftal and Sinarest plus both. What should I give for cough?

#

I can understand your concerns. Sinarest syrup (Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine) is mainly used for cold and nasal discharge. In my opinion, Sinarest syrup should be stopped and cough syrup like Chericof (Phenylephrine, Dextromethorphan) 5 ml three times a day for three days can be started. If fever persists, then investigations like malarial antigen test and widal test for typhoid with complete blood count should be done. Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|