Q. What is the treatment for loose motion in an 8-month-old baby?

Dr. M.l.kothari
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 30, 2019

My eight-month baby has a loose motion for 20 days. Stool test has been done, and it shows negative, I have consulted doctor, but still, she has loose motion around five times a day. Can you please help me with this?

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrics
#

Give your kid following medicine.

1.Syrup Zenflox 100 mg (Ofloxacin) one teaspoon full twice a day for five days.

2. Syrup Vizylac one teaspoon full twice a day for five days.

According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi alu kela rice, apple, upama, halwa, patolia, rab, kadi idle poha satu custard, etc, and from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste by cup or glass.

To start with stop milk for four hours for 15 days and give semisolid diet next 15 days stop milk for 8 hours and provide semisolid food lastly stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and provide semisolid diet. For your knowledge 100 ml milk gives 70 calories of energy 100 ml juices give 55 calories of energy, and 100 gm of semisolid food gives 350 calories of energy. Stop bottle feeding.

My 7 months old baby passes loose stools 5 to 6 times a day. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 7 months and 10 days old and initially, he was suffering from a runny nose, two weeks back. This week, he has loose motions, and he passes stools 5 to 6 times a day. We consulted a doctor, who gave him Sporlac and Zinc dry powder suspension. He is now pooping 2 to 3 times out ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Oflox OZ in an infant for severe loose stools?

Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 11 months old and he had more than 20 loose motions in one day today. He has never had this kind of a severe problem. In his bad days, he might have had 10 motions but they were not as loose and watery as today. He is currently on Taxim O, Sporlac, and En...  Read Full »