Q. My son throws up every time he has milk. Please suggest a treatment.

Dr. Deepak Patel

My son is three and a half years old. From the past 12 days, he vomits four or five minutes after drinking milk. This happens only in the mornings. He is fine if he drinks it at night. Please suggest a cure.

#

• I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Syrup Oflomac-M (a combination of Ofloxacin and Metronidazole), 4 ml three times a day for three days to be taken half an hour after meals.
  2. Syrup Ondem (Ondansetron) 4 ml three times a day for three days to be taken half an hour before meals.
  3. Enterogermina ampule once a day for three days.
  • Decrease the quantity of milk to 100 ml in the mornings for a week.

Review after two days. I hope this will help you. Take care.

Revert after two days to a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

I will start giving it from tomorrow, but if the syrup does not taste good, he vomits it out immediately. He takes very few medicines without troubling much.

#

• These syrups taste good. Do not worry. Just give the medicines and review after two days.

Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

My kid was vomiting frequently and now has loose stools. What can be the issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My dear daughter just completed 1 year yesterday and still on breastfeed (twice, a full day) along with normal food. She is lactose intolerant and was hypocalcemic (less calcium) by birth. Her doctor gave her OstoCalcium and retested after six months and she turned to be absolutely fi...  Read Full »

How much time will it take for liver abscess to get cured with Metronidazole?

Query: Hello doctor, I got reported as liver abscess and the size is 70 x 60 mm. The doctor's treatment is Metronidazole. How much time will it take to cure?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»