Q. Is Meftal advisable for higher fever in a baby?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My baby is having a fever. Morning around 8 it was 100. I have given him Crocin. Around 12.30 his temp was 101.3. So I have given him Meftal P. Now (5.30) again the temperature is 100.3. What should I give him now? Crocin or Meftal? What should be the time gap?

#

I got your concern. Initially, it looks like a viral fever. Let us wait and watch for the pattern of fever. Yes, for fever, if less than 100 F, do just tap water sponging all over the body. If 100 F to 102 F, give Paracetamol as and when the fever comes with a gap of six hours between two doses. If fever is more than 102 F then give Meftal with a gap of eight hours between two doses of Meftal. Avoid Meftal as much as possible. Give more food and more liquid. If he is dull, not taking orally, then go to the doctor.

|