Q. Please suggest treatment for fever with cold in a baby.

Dr. Amit Kumar Modi

My baby has a fever for five days with between 101 to 103. She is 10 month old. Doctor prescribe Paracetamol, Azithral, and Meftal P. But there is no impact now. She has a fever with a cold. Please suggest.

#

Antipyretics like Paracetamol and Meftal P (Mefenamic acid) are to be given in adequate doses to act effectively. Generally, a viral fever can last for 4 to 5 days and it can present with high-grade fever. Please let me know the weight of the child so that I can advise you exact dose. Do cold sponging of the whole body to decrease the temperature.

1.CBC.
2.CRP (C-reactive protein).
3.Malaria antigen test.

For more information consult a paediatrician online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|