Q. Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?

Dr. Payas Joshi
Published on Aug 16, 2018

I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes rashes. So kindly help me in solving frequent pooping with gas.

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Is it happening for the last two days only? Or was it from birth? If it is from birth, then you should go for a stool examination. Or else it will be transient. I hope you are not giving bottle feeding. A rash free ointment can be applied locally. An image of the rash can be sent to have a little more idea. Is the child active and feeding well? Is the stool watery? What is the frequency of the stools? Kindly suggest. Let me know these things to understand better.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

No, it is for the past two days alone. No, I am not bottle feeding her. The child is active. She gets feeding well after every two to three hours. The stool is not watery. But she passes little poop after passing gas which is more than usual, and because of constant cleaning of her stool, she has developed a rash. I am attaching the picture.

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use an ointment after gentle cleaning. It will resolve soon.

Why is 2 months old baby having decreased urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having two months old baby. Since two days I am observing that his diapers are not wet and heavy as they used to be. So I checked his urine output by laying him down without a diaper for five hours and fed him twice with two and a half hours gap between each feed. He peed thrice aft...  Read Full >>

Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your baby. Your baby should urinate 6 to 8 times per day. As you have told that the baby peed after feeds, this seems absolutely normal. You may just keep a track on total 24 hours urine. Should be 6 to 8 times in a day. Reducing feed am...  Read Full

I get bad diarrhea attacks, especially in summer. Would you give me a solution?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I have been having problems with my digestion and intestines since two years. I get real bad diarrhea attacks and it usually happens in the summer, especially when there is a breeze or wind. So, I always have to cover up my belly and wear lots of clothes in th...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most diarrhea are viral in origin and do not require any treatment except for ORS (oral rehydration solution). But, to rule out bacterial infection, get your stool tested for three consecutive days when you have diarrhea and send me the reports. Also, note any relat...  Read Full

Why do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albend...  Read Full