Q. Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?

Dr. Payas Joshi

I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes rashes. So kindly help me in solving frequent pooping with gas.

#

Is it happening for the last two days only? Or was it from birth? If it is from birth, then you should go for a stool examination. Or else it will be transient. I hope you are not giving bottle feeding. A rash free ointment can be applied locally. An image of the rash can be sent to have a little more idea. Is the child active and feeding well? Is the stool watery? What is the frequency of the stools? Kindly suggest. Let me know these things to understand better.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

No, it is for the past two days alone. No, I am not bottle feeding her. The child is active. She gets feeding well after every two to three hours. The stool is not watery. But she passes little poop after passing gas which is more than usual, and because of constant cleaning of her stool, she has developed a rash. I am attaching the picture.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use an ointment after gentle cleaning. It will resolve soon.

|