Q. I am facing twitching problem for a month. Is it due to calcium deficiency?

Dr. J. N. Naidu
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2021

I am 27 years old. I suffer from twitching issues for a month. Initially, it started from my eyes and I had it for two days. After that, frequent eye twitching happened. I started experiencing twitches in my upper mouth, eyebrows, and tongue. I have some random twitches on my face and body also. I consulted a doctor and did some blood tests. He told me that I have calcium deficiency and my value was 8.59 mg/dL. Now, it has been a month. I have twitches daily on my face and body. I consulted a neurologist and he told me that it is normal to occur. You do not require any examination. You are completely alright. Even five-year-old children have this issue. But I am worried about it. Please tell whether it occurs due to calcium deficiency. Will my twitches go away?

#

Twitching in the body occurs due to dehydration, excessive caffeine intake, mineral deficiencies, and side effects of certain drugs. You can take tablet Evion 400 mg (vitamin E) one capsule daily for ten days with dinner. Drink around one and a half liters of water every day so that you can have a urine volume of more than one liter per day. If your urine is clear without dark color, then it indicates that your body is well hydrated. You can take D3UP 60 K (vitamin D3) one sachet mixed in 50 ml milk. You should not take more than one sachet. You can take tablet Neurobion forte (multivitamins) one tablet daily in the morning with breakfast for ten days. Increase your physical activity by doing walking, and yoga for 30 minutes daily. Eat more boiled vegetables and fruits. Reduce your intake of coffee and tea. Have a follow-up after a week.

|