Q. Kindly recommend a therapy for my sister's lower back pain.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 22, 2020

I am posting this query for my sister. She is 13 years old. Her lower back hurts at the spine and it feels like some kind of pulsating. It started hurting a couple of weeks ago; however, it was not constant. But, this weekend it has been more constant and hurts almost everytime. It hurts more when she leans forward or backward. She does ballet and CrossFit. Please help her.

#

• I am an athlete and I had suffered the same twice so I can understand the kind of pain your sister is going through.
  • It is the kind of pain that keeps irritating all the while and increases when you bend forwards.
  • Complete bed rest is advisable for at least two days and no sitting for more than 10 minutes.
  • I suggest tablet Cyclobenzaprine twice a day for up to seven days. Cyclobenzaprine ointment can also be applied to the back along with the tablet. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • If the pain persists, even after following these orders, then it is advisable to get an MRI spine of the lumbar region.

For further information contact a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|