Q. Kindly recommend a therapy for my sister's lower back pain.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Dec 09, 2016

I am posting this query for my sister. She is 13 years old. Her lower back hurts at the spine and it feels like some kind of pulsating. It started hurting a couple of weeks ago; however, it was not constant. But, this weekend it has been more constant and hurts almost everytime. It hurts more when she leans forward or backward. She does ballet and CrossFit. Please help her.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• I am an athlete and I had suffered the same twice so I can understand the kind of pain your sister is going through.
  • It is the kind of pain that keeps irritating all the while and increases when you bend forwards.
  • Complete bed rest is advisable for at least two days and no sitting for more than 10 minutes.
  • I suggest tablet Cyclobenzaprine twice a day for up to seven days. Cyclobenzaprine ointment can also be applied to the back along with the tablet. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • If the pain persists, even after following these orders, then it is advisable to get an MRI spine of the lumbar region.

For further information contact a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

What can be the reason for lower back pain at the age of 14?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 years old. I wonder whether she has herniated disc. Because, she has all the symptoms except the numbness in legs and feet. It hurts in the lower part of my back. Usually a herniated disc is from sports injury and heavy lifting. But, she recently have not had any sports ...  Read Full »

I have severe back pain. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,It has been three months since my delivery, but I still have a severe back pain. The doctor told me there could be an infection in the uterus. So, I took tablets for it, but I did not recover. Is there any other reason for having a back pain after delivery?  Read Full »