My right leg is weak and toes also numb. Last year I had the same problem in my left leg. I can no longer control and use my left hand. I had same problem with my right hand before two years. I am very concerned because I can feel my left leg getting weaker and numb and my right hand is going numb again. Kindly advice.
Related Questions:Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?
Do you have a question on Weakness or Numbness?Ask a Doctor Now
Welcome to icliniq.com.
As mentioned in your history you have (attachment removed to protect patient identity),
1. Atrial Fibrillation.
2. TIA (transient ischemic attack).
Atrial fibrillation is possibly not found last time, and so it might be you have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Most of your test including MRI brain, CT angiography of neck vessels, 2D echocardiography, and MRI spine did not show any specific abnormality. Also documented are anxiety and depression.
I would like to know some detailed information about your symptoms and medications,
1. What exactly happened to you now? Since when weakness in right leg started and did it happen suddenly or slowly?
2. In toe numbness, do you feel tingling, pins, and needle sensations? Or you have less feeling of touch at toes? Had it also start along with weakness, or there was a time lag between weakness and numbness?
3. Do this numbness and weakness persistent or is it intermittent in the whole day?
4. Have you noticed any particular factor, which increases weakness and numbness (like walking or laying in the bed or forward bending or stressful situation or sleeplessness etc.)?
5. How is your usual mood in day-to-day activities?
6. How are your sleep and appetite?
7. Have you been gone through nerve conduction studies? If yes, please send that report too.
Revert me with above mentioned information for better understanding and further judgement.
Thank you doctor,
1. The right leg was hurting a few weeks before, and it suddenly went weak.
2. Toes feel numb, and they were gradually numb always which happened once the right leg started to get weak.
3. Left toes get numbness intermittently. The left hand is weak, and I can only use the left pointer finger and left thumb. Right-hand fingers are going numb intermittently.
5. I am a happy person but I am worried about my body, and I try to ignore the symptoms. I get worried about this pain during sitting and while falling asleep.
6. I have insomnia since I have had fibromyalgia, but medical Marijuana helps me sleep at night.
7. I do not have an appetite for most of the days. My stomach hurts when I have food, and I am suffering from extreme nausea after eating, so I avoid food. I have lost 13 kgs and gained some back and lost it again. It started up, after my right leg issue before two years and I had a full gastroenterology check-up, and I was told that I had IBS.
8. I have not done any nerve test. I am not able to get to neurologist appointment yet.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
As per your description, I suggest you go through nerve conduction studies of all four limbs. Also, I suggest you meet a psychiatrist because depression and anxiety are associated with such symptoms of numbness over different body parts along with insomnia, fibromyalgia and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Also, I suggest you do some daily exercise (simple jogging) for 30 to 40 minutes, preferably in the morning time, which is helpful in fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, and sleep regulation.
Nerve conduction studies and serum vitamin B12 level.
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Now