Q. My back problem is getting worse inspite of having medicines. Why?

Dr. Atul Prakash
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I need some advice on a back problem. I have it for almost two years. I went to a doctor in my area for my issue, and he took an X-rays, and it shows a mild inflammation in my lower spine. He gave me medication to bring down the swelling and told me to use it for 10 days. However, it has not helped, and it is getting worse. Kindly advice.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

You have mild scoliosis in the lumbar region, and there is a suspicion of inflamed sacroiliac joints (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Have you had ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), urine routine, which are the markers for swelling or inflammation. Is the pain in the middle or the sides of the back over the SI joints and buttocks.

Do you have any urinary symptom? As the pain has not settled with the antiinflammatory tablets, please get back with the reports as requested.Ice the area and apply anti-inflammatory gels.

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dilip Meena
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. I need to see the picture of the affected area to make an appropriate diagnosis and to suggest the proper treatment. Kindly send the images.  Read Full

I have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male. I was sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 hours per day for past one month. I have mild pain in my lower back, not a constant pain. the pain either left side or right side but the right side is more time the pain always shift its position. and whil...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jayaprakash Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your complaints, I will suggest you few things. Do not sit in front of the computer for a long time not more than one hour after that at least walk for 2 to 3 minutes and you can get...  Read Full

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to experience reddish brown discharge for 4-5 days post cervical polypectomy, but it should not cause any back pain per se unless there has been a secondary infection or vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis which is quite likely with vinegar smell. Flagyl (Met...  Read Full

Ask a Spine Health Specialist Now