Q. I have bad breath inspite of cleaning the tongue properly. Please suggest a solution to get rid of it.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam
Published on Nov 15, 2019

I am a 21-year-old male. When I talk to someone they said I have bad breath, and do brush and come back again. But I always clean my tongue properly. Most of the people whom I have talked about said I have bad breath.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist
#

Bad breath or halitosis is a common problem. There are a number of potential causes and treatments available. Simple home remedies, and lifestyle changes, such as improved dental hygiene and quitting smoking, can often remove the issue. The best method to reduce halitosis is good oral hygiene. This ensures that cavities are avoided and reduces the likelihood of gum disease.

Treatment:

1) Mouth rinses and tooth pastes.

2) Brush your teeth after you eat.

3) Floss at least once a day.

4) Brush your tongue.

5) Avoid dry mouth.

6) Adjust your diet.

I suggest taking Metrogyl 400 mg thrice daily for three days, tablet Taxim (Cefixime) 200 twice daily for three days, and Pantocid-D once daily for three days.

What can be done for bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for long term halitosis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.  Read Full »