Q. Why do I have bad breath after taking the fever medications. Suggest me a cure.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jun 14, 2019

I have severe bad breath problem after taking fever medications for a week. Does it come from my stomach? Please help me, as I am embarrassed.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiology Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Bad breath is due to the destruction of good bacteria in the intestine by antibiotics. I suggest you try probiotics, such as Lactobacilli, thrice daily for two weeks. You will feel better.

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, you have irritable bowel syndrome. Darolac (Lactobacillus) is a good treatment which helps replace disturbed gut flora.It is safe OTC medication, with a maintenance dose of one capsule per day. You can increase it...  Read Full

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article