Lactobacilli

Tablet Loperamide has reduced my diarrhea

Query: Hello doctor, I had 3 rotis in a highway hotel, with curry and raitha. After 1 hour, I got loose motion. I took tablet Eldoper (Loperamide), one tablet. I felt better then. After about 2 hours, I again had loose motion (lesser than the earlier time). I also felt it was a little restricted than the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got traveler's diarrhea. Start taking tablet Ciplox TZ 500mg (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole) one tablet two times a day for 4 days, after meals. Also take capsule Darolac (lactobacillus) one capsule two times a day, after meals for 4 days. Stop...  Read Full »

Is my bad breath due to the fever medications I took?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe bad breath problem after taking fever medications for a week. Does it come from my stomach? Please help me, as I am embarrassed.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bad breath is due to the destruction of good bacteria in the intestine by antibiotics. I suggest you try probiotics, such as Lactobacilli, thrice daily for two weeks. You will feel better.  Read Full »

Why is 5-month-old baby having loose motion with pH level of 6?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 5-month-old baby who is having loose motion, so got his test done for reducing substances. It has a pH level of 6 and a positive report. What does this report signify? Otherwise, he is very gassy and burps and passes gas a lot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) state that he is lactose intolerant. You have to avoid milk and milk products for a minimum of 15 days. Give him normal food, rice, dal, and vegetables, etc. After his stool has returned to normal color and...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest a tablet.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant and she is due for delivery in another one week. She is suffering from loose motion. Please suggest good tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If loose motions are watery or associated with blood and mucus in stool or if there is fever, she needs to consult doctor for IV antibiotics or fluids (intravenous). If it is not so then she can take probiotics like (Saccharomyces boulardii) Econorm sachet once or twice d...  Read Full »

Please suggest a tablet for loose stools that is safe to use when trying to conceive.

Query: Hi doctor, I ovulated on day-14 and the follicle size was 24 on day-13. I had intercourse with my hubby during the fertile days. From day-15, I have very loose stools. I took one Eldoper tablet on day-15, and was alright, but it started again on the next day. I feel really tired and have no inter...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned whether you are taking any medications to conceive or if you are under stress. I suggest you try taking Dependal-M (Metronidazole) thrice a day for one or two days, with Nutrolin-B (Niacinamide and Lactobacillus) capsule. Consult your specialist...  Read Full »

I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, and fever. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, fever, and headaches. Whenever I drink or eat anything, I have loose motions. I feel this is a heat stroke. Can you please help?  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Ganguly

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of acute gastroenteritis. A few other information will be helpful. Your age? How long have you been having these symptoms? Any vomiting? Any other pre-existing illness or medications? Did you eat anything from outside? Were you exposed to the sun f...  Read Full »

What causes bowel movement immediately after drinking whiskey?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get bowl movements in the evening immediately after I drink one or two pegs of whiskey. It has been happening daily for the past 2 or 3 years. The stool floats and dark brown in color. Last night, I got stomach pain and stools are very loose. I have mild fever too and I am now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. As you already said about popliteal artery thrombosis, these people should not drink alcohol and stop smoking immediately. These loose stools are probably due to imbalance in gut bacteria and these things happen with pancreas ...  Read Full »

My bowel movement is not satisfactory. Is that a symptom of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 3 to 4 years ago, I had normal bowel movements. My bowel movement was good enough that I had to wake up to go and felt quite empty, except sometimes I had to go in the evening and also no farts. I then moved to a new place and I think the water changed; still I was quite fine with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). If there is a problem of recurrent bowel gases, then you can take treatment initially for that. If not relieved, then can undergo colonoscopy. You should also do yoga daily. Initially, please start on the following m...  Read Full »

My son is having fever,chest pain,diarrhea and loss of appetite.Is there any solution for that?

Query: Hello, I want to confirm about some health issues of my son. He is a 19 year old  boy, his weight is 46 kg and his height is 5 feet 5 inches. He is having  fever, chest pain, back pain, diarrhea, weakness, complete loss of appetite, sore throat and bloating for the past 7 days. So, I took him to a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and my observations are: In the blood reports attached, the hemoglobin level and blood cells are normal. Blood glucose and bilirubin level are also normal. Thyroid function is nor...  Read Full »

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, you have irritable bowel syndrome. Darolac (Lactobacillus) is a good treatment which helps replace disturbed gut flora.It is safe OTC medication, with a maintenance dose of one capsule per day. You can increase it...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.