Lactobacilli

I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, and fever. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, fever, and headaches. Whenever I drink or eat anything, I have loose motions. I feel this is a heat stroke. Can you please help?  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Ganguly

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of acute gastroenteritis. A few other information will be helpful. Your age? How long have you been having these symptoms? Any vomiting? Any other pre-existing illness or medications? Did you eat anything from outside? Were you exposed to the sun f...  Read Full »

Please suggest some home remedies for BV.

Query: Hi..I am 19 years old. I have become sexually active within the 6 months for the first time, and have come in contact with the use of douches and different sexual partners. Unfortunately I think I have given myself BV and not realized it. I have a strong odor down there a little bit of itching, but ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, How are you doing? Hope you & your loved ones are safe and healthy. Bacterial vaginosis is due to the imbalance between the healthy and unhealthy bacteria/ organisms in vagina. This balance between good & bad bacteria is needed to protect vagina from new infections. Use of too many ant...  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea following radiation therapy and chemotherapy?

Query: Hi doctor, I just finished with radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Now, I feel bloated and nauseated. Also, I am having bad diarrhea. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all no need to worry. As you have received chemotherapy (Cisplatin) as concurrent therapy, which is the main cause of gastrointestinal tract symptoms. I suggest tablet Ondansetron 8 mg thrice daily and also Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily. If only diarrhea witho...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate medicine to Norfloxacin for diarrhea.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 50 years old. She takes Norfloxacin on daily basis to avoid diarrhea. The moment she stops taking Norfloxacin, she goes through diarrhea. Please guide some alternate treatment for her.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea makes a large group of gastrointestinal disorders and they must be treated according to the type and the cause. Has your mom done any stool tests? If not, I would recommend going through this test. Because it is important to understand if the diarrhea is caused b...  Read Full »

Which probiotic is good?

Query: I am looking for a good probiotic. I have read conflicting results online and don’t know which ones are a rip off or legitimate. It seems for one to be affective it needs to survive the trip to your intestines and too many make that claim without knowing if it’s true. Can you recommend one that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well It is very hard to define which probiotic is the best to one. Since Microbiota (pooled microorganisms in your gut) is completely different from the other person and For one to know what range of microbiota is present in your gut; you have to get it tested by gi...  Read Full »

What does chronic liver disease change in CT report mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I may have a liver problem and would like to get advice. I had done some medical tests recently and the liver turned out to be a bit problematic for me. Hence, thought of consulting a specialist. I am currently blood pressure, blood thinner, cholesterol-reducing drugs, and medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Internal Medicine Physician, Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Your BP and cholesterol levels seem to be fairly well under control of treatment. Kindly share all your available reports, liver function tests, and details of the symptoms and problem that you are facing at present. Kindly get back ...  Read Full »

Are antibiotics necessary for diarrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, when I was away from home for some work, I felt sick and my hands and feet were numb for several hours. Then, I had fever for three nights with soaking sweats followed by continuous diarrhea for the last four days. I am going nearly 8 to 12 times a day. I read the symptoms ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea can be due to a multiple number of organisms and may have a similar presentation as you. It may be due to virus or bacteria. The first thing is to take plenty of fluids. If ORS (oral rehydration salts) is available, then that will be the best choice. Next, take ...  Read Full »

Why do I have bloody diarrhea and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, From yesterday, I am suffering from loose motions and vomiting. I do not feel fever, but, whatever I eat, I feel it is in my throat. I feel vomiting sensation. I feel very weak, drowsy and not able to do my normal work. Also, felt left side shoulder and chest discomfort. My age is 31 and ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You currently seem to be having acute gastroenteritis (AGE). Most of the times the diarrhea are viral in origin and it improves within three to five days without any antibiotic therapy. But, since you have got blood in stools, we would consider it...  Read Full »

My son is turning 6 months and not taking formula milk as before. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of mil...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals. According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like...  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea in a metastatic carcinoma patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having metastatic carcinoma and went through radiotherapy. Now, she has got severe diarrhea, swelling in face and do not like to eat food. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First get clinical examinations done that includes vital parameters of patient such as blood pressure (BP), pulse, respiratory rate, etc. Required blood investigations such as complete blood count, renal function test, liver function test and electrolyte study...  Read Full »