Q. A white substance usually covers the head of the penis. What to do?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am a 21-year-old male. I have thrush-like symptoms slight red rash on the top of the foreskin but not pain in any way. Additionally, a white substance has built into the foreskin that usually covers the head of the penis and also underneath the skin just below the head. This has persisted for several months and has not cleared up through constant washing or the use of Clotrimazole. What is the next step?

#

I understand your concern. I have gone through the pictures you attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It looks like you have a sexually transmitted infection such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or candida to treat it accordingly. As you mentioned, it has been there for more than a month to start oral antibiotics or antiviral therapy. Did you have unprotected sex before these lesions appeared? Does your partner has a similar infection or any kind of discharge or itching? Are you allergic to any antiviral or antibiotics? Please let me know so I can prescribe you medicine accordingly.

Complete blood count, tridot.

Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole ointment (Canesten) three times a day for a week.

Maintain general hygiene and use freshly washed undergarments and towels.

I did not have unprotected sex for over one year, but the lesions had not appeared before that. There is no pain, however. I did use to have a tight foreskin also, but this is more flexible now. I am not allergic to any antiviral or antibiotics. I clean regularly, but it does not reduce it at all. Please tell me what prescription I will need.

#

I prescribe:

1. Tablet Fluconazole (Diflucan) 150 mg once a week after meal for four weeks.
  2. Apply ointment Beclomethasone + Clotrimazole (Canesten) three times a day after cleaning and avoid sexual contact.

And let me know after a week if it persists, then I will go for further testing.

|